Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Dr surowitz-please respond if you used her

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 3:22 pm
I recently got a positive pregnancy test and thinking of using her.

Please tell me what to expect. Thank you in advance

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 3:35 pm
I just used her
What do you want to know?

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 3:40 pm
She delivered one of my kids when she was with a different practice. She’s a good person and a very good doctor. It’s so rare to find a frum female doctor. I would definitely use her again. She’s kind and competent. I switched to a different practice when I had my last child. At that time dr surowitz didn’t open her own practice but when she saw my name on the list of patients who just delivered, she came to my room to wish me Mazel Tov. I remember that she handled a knotted cord around the neck so calmly. I definitely recommend her.
Hope someone can give you more up to date info.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 3:46 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
She delivered one of my kids when she was with a different practice. She’s a good person and a very good doctor. It’s so rare to find a frum female doctor. I would definitely use her again. She’s kind and competent. I switched to a different practice when I had my last child. At that time dr surowitz didn’t open her own practice but when she saw my name on the list of patients who just delivered, she came to my room to wish me Mazel Tov. I remember that she handled a knotted cord around the neck so calmly. I definitely recommend her.
Hope someone can give you more up to date info.

Shes so busy now its murder to even get to see her
I didnt see her once this whole pregnancy/labor/delivery/postpartum but I was very happy there

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 3:49 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
I didnt see her once this whole pregnancy/labor/delivery/postpartum but I was very happy there

Wow!!! I believe that!
Wondering if a patient can request an appointment with her sometimes?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 4:12 pm

who else is in the practice? what are the other practitioners like?

where and who does sonograms ?

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 6:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
who else is in the practice? what are the other practitioners like?

where and who does sonograms ?

Sheva Gluck and Dr O'donnell are doctors there
Sheva Gluck is frum and I really liked her she delivered me she was so so patient.
Dr O'donnell is not jewish dont know much about her

Anyone else that you see doesnt deliver but they are midwives.

You can request to see dr surowitz but shes often booked. Otherwise you can call and speak to her over the phone. When I had a sonogram and they saw something that might be a concern, she sent a message that I can call her if I have any questions or concerns about it.

She recently joined offices with a Dr Cohen who is male but you dont really see him hes just her backup to deliver anyone who goes into labor on shabbos

Sonograms are done on site by a sonographer I dont know her name

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 6:19 pm
Shes opening a birthing center in her building its not open yet
https://www.trubirthcenter.com/

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 6:34 pm
I used her when she worked under tal. She was sweet but I wouldn’t use her practice. It’s known to be a factory. If you don’t mind that then go for it but I hear that you’re unlikely to even see her, on the off chance you do get booked to her she will likely end up busy with a delivery or whatever and you’ll see someone else anyway.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 6:37 pm

She recently joined offices with a Dr Cohen who is male but you dont really see him hes just her backup to deliver anyone who goes into labor on shabbos

If you see dr Cohen privately he’s supposed to be very good.
The sonographer is the same one that works in tal’s office and she is fantastic.

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 6:51 pm
I'm using her practice now and pretty happy overall. I saw her once. The other doctors and midwives there are nice too.
(Literally my only complaint is that they take my temp each time I come and watch me sanitize my hands which is excessive imo.)(Never mind masks ftm)

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 12:16 pm
Sheva Gluck and Dr O'donnell are doctors there
Sheva Gluck is frum and I really liked her she delivered me she was so so patient.
Dr O'donnell is not jewish dont know much about her

Anyone else that you see doesnt deliver but they are midwives.

You can request to see dr surowitz but shes often booked. Otherwise you can call and speak to her over the phone. When I had a sonogram and they saw something that might be a concern, she sent a message that I can call her if I have any questions or concerns about it.

so if you deliver on shabbos then you for sure have him? I really only want a women ob delivering me which is why I wanted this practice. there is now way to have a women?

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 1:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
so if you deliver on shabbos then you for sure have him? I really only want a women ob delivering me which is why I wanted this practice. there is now way to have a women?

Thats just what I heard. Dr Maria Odonnel whos also not jewish might also be delivering for her on shabbos but I dont know
My friend had Dr Cohen deliver for her on shabbos and she said he was very good
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries