Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
2nd dose vaccine-your experience
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Did you get sick (a/t like fever, nausea, chills) after getting second dose of vaccine?
Yes-I had Moderna  
 31%  [ 23 ]
Yes-I had Pfizer  
 16%  [ 12 ]
No-I had Moderna  
 13%  [ 10 ]
No-I had Pfizer  
 38%  [ 28 ]
Total Votes : 73

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 12:49 am
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
I'm sorry? What? This answer is extremely confusing to me...

Because your body recognizes the virus and reacts more strongly. If someone has already had covid, they may react strongly to the first vaccine. It works the same way with allergens or other vaccines like tetanus. The more times you've had the tetanus shot, the higher chance of a swollen red arm which becomes redder with each vaccine. Just means your immune system is working BH

cnc

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 4:08 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Because your body recognizes the virus and reacts more strongly. If someone has already had covid, they may react strongly to the first vaccine. It works the same way with allergens or other vaccines like tetanus. The more times you've had the tetanus shot, the higher chance of a swollen red arm which becomes redder with each vaccine. Just means your immune system is working BH

Interesting and makes sense.

When getting my first dose, they already told us that the side effects will be worse after the second ...

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 4:14 am
PurpleandGold wrote:
Can someone please explain why there is such a big reaction to the second dose of the vaccine? Thank you

After the first vaccine, your body starts developing the antibodies. After the second vaccine, the antibodies that are there start working to attack the foreign body. That’s why you get sick.
I’ve commented this before- at work we’ve been seeing this pattern where those who have had Covid previously reacted after the first vaccine and not after the second. That’s because their body was exposed once and produced antibodies. The first vaccine was the antibodies’ chance to attack and make them feel a little sick. Those who never had Covid reacted after the second vaccine and not after the first.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 5:51 am
I know it’s not a large sample size but this poll seems to be confirming what I’ve read online that more people react to moderna then Pfizer. Ugh wish I was able to choose Pfizer 😞

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 5:56 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I know it’s not a large sample size but this poll seems to be confirming what I’ve read online that more people react to moderna then Pfizer. Ugh wish I was able to choose Pfizer 😞

You’re gonna be ok! Just take midol, and it’ll all be over in a few hours.
Round of applause to you for getting the vaccine!!!!!!!!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 6:01 am
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
You’re gonna be ok! Just take midol, and it’ll all be over in a few hours.
Round of applause to you for getting the vaccine!!!!!!!!

I’m especially nervous because I’m pregnant (wasn’t planning to get it while pregnant but my OB highly recommended it due to extreme complications they’re seeing with pregnant women who get covid) and my second dose is for when I’m almost 39 weeks pregnant iyh so I’m scared about how that’s going to work out with when I give birth iyh. It’s also 2 days before Pesach which makes me so nervous 😬 but I’m just going to have to daven that it goes well and I don’t get sick!

princessleah

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 7:29 am
I had moderna, got second shot last Tuesday. I planned to take the next day off based on what I saw with my coworkers.
But all that happened was that I got a bad headache that night, and the next day my legs were kind of sore and achy. My arm hurt a lot the second day, and the worst effect was that I had terrible insomnia for 3 nights and I was so tired but could not sleep. B"H all fine now.

I think more concerning is your being 39 weeks pregnant before pesach, regardless of the vaccine! You will have to prepare in advance regardless.

Rosie89

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 7:39 am
I just had my second dose (Moderna) on Friday. I felt fine (just some pain in my arm) until I went to bed around 10 pm. I started to feel very nauseated and the muscles in my legs ached, and I could barely sleep all night. I dragged myself out of bed to hear Zachor and then went back to bed after shul—I could only stomach a small piece of challah so didn’t stay up for the meal. I was in bed under three blankets, shivering uncontrollably. I was miserable the whole day but was able to sleep motzei shabbos, and yesterday I was basically back to myself (but could only manage to eat very bland food). Today I’m 100% better. Despite all that, I’m very glad I got the shot and I feel very relieved to be fully inoculated.

ETA: I had covid in March and still had high antibodies when I got my first shot in January. After the initial shot, my arm killed like crazy (much worse than this time), but other than fatigue and very mild chills, I felt fine.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 8:09 am
Oh gosh these reactions sound awful

essie14

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 8:11 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Oh gosh these reactions sound awful

Covid is 100 times worse.

Rosie89

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 8:15 am
essie14 wrote:

And it lasts longer than 2-3 days, and its effects can be even longer lasting (loss of smell, fatigue, etc.). I’d take the vaccine over the actual virus any day.

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 8:28 am
My parents both had covid and they got through it okay. One of them needed antibiotics for pneumonia caused by covid.

My mother got the Moderna vaccine and felt so sick after the first dose that she regretted taking it. She was sick for a few days.

My father got the Pfitzer vaccine (first dose) and he fainted the next morning. He was extremely tired and achy that day.

The reason they reacted to the first dose is because they had covid already.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 9:36 am
Rosie89 wrote:
And it lasts longer than 2-3 days, and its effects can be even longer lasting (loss of smell, fatigue, etc.). I’d take the vaccine over the actual virus any day.

Yes and that’s why I’m getting the vaccine iyh I just wish the timing wasn’t so bad with my due date and Pesach and that I was getting Pfizer instead.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 9:36 am
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
My parents both had covid and they got through it okay. One of them needed antibiotics for pneumonia caused by covid.

My mother got the Moderna vaccine and felt so sick after the first dose that she regretted taking it. She was sick for a few days.

My father got the Pfitzer vaccine (first dose) and he fainted the next morning. He was extremely tired and achy that day.

The reason they reacted to the first dose is because they had covid already.

Yikes!

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 3:43 pm
essie14 wrote:

Not true, I had minor symptoms for 24-48 hours.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 3:52 pm
I would rather be induced at 39 weeks and then take the second shot after birth. But who am I to talk? I'm induced at week 37 because I'm hi risk.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 4:07 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
I would rather be induced at 39 weeks and then take the second shot after birth. But who am I to talk? I'm induced at week 37 because I'm hi risk.

Well then there’s the risk of feeling super ill while also recovering from childbirth and taking care of a newborn 🤷‍♀️

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 4:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Well then there’s the risk of feeling super ill while also recovering from childbirth and taking care of a newborn 🤷‍♀️

I’m sure you considered the risk of feeling super ill from Covid while also recovering from childbirth and taking care of a newborn before you got pregnant, and went ahead with it, anyway. The side effects from the vaccine are showing to be not as bad and not as long as actual Covid.

EPL

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 4:28 pm
I had the 2nd dose of Maderna yesterday (Sunday) at 1pm. Last week at work I told them that I wouldn't be coming into work Monday, since I was expecting a bad reaction. I had no reaction at all, except for a sore arm. Could have gone into work, since I don't get paid if I don't go in.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 4:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m especially nervous because I’m pregnant (wasn’t planning to get it while pregnant but my OB highly recommended it due to extreme complications they’re seeing with pregnant women who get covid) and my second dose is for when I’m almost 39 weeks pregnant iyh so I’m scared about how that’s going to work out with when I give birth iyh. It’s also 2 days before Pesach which makes me so nervous 😬 but I’m just going to have to daven that it goes well and I don’t get sick!

I’m in a similar situation. My Ob advised against getting the second dose prior to birth. He said he had some patients who gave birth within 72 hours of getting the second dose and it was miserable. He said the first dose gives 80-90% immunity and there’s no harm in waiting an extra couple of weeks for the second dose... I’d be due for the second dose the day before my scheduled c section (a week before pesach...)
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics