Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Soap Vulvitis

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 3:40 pm
My daughter is 6 and has always contracted every common childhood skin issue. She had been complaining for a long time of an itchy private (no not s-xual abuse) I put two and two together after waking herself up from itching so much after a bubble bath. The nights she had a bubble bath her area got very red and irritated and I Googled it and it seems to be very common for young girls. Does anyone know a really sensitive soap that cleans? Online says just use water but she also is a bit overweight so she gets chub rub (sorry I don't know a better word. Not hating as I have it too so can relate to the discomfort) and definitely needs to be cleaned.

thegiver

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 3:50 pm
Just wash with water internally. Apply a and d ointment 3 times a day until it goes away. Itchiness sounds like a yeast infection tho.

Also could the water be too hot and causing dry skin?

Maybe avoid baths and take showers instead. All soap could irritate the area.

Wear only cotton underwear and breathable tights if necessary. In bed don't wear undies. That's what I read on website my Dr sent us.

English3

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 3:51 pm
Buy soap that is a lower pH. Buy it in the women's section. It's usually sold for sanitary, for when you get your period etc.

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 3:56 pm
Have her start taking showers, or don't make bubbles in the bath. She should rinse off with clean water after a bubble bath.

And yes, the vulvar region only needs water. Really. Especially if she is having a reaction to soaps in that area. Just rinse the area really well, a handheld showerhead really helps.

The rest of her body should be washed with a soap that is sulfate, paraben, phthalates, scent, and dye free. Many baby washes fit the criteria.

Personally we use Suave Kids Natural 3 in 1 shampoo, conditioner, body wash for sensitive skin. There's also a coconut oil one if you want a scent, but I haven't tried it

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 4:05 pm
Showers not baths! Use dove soap or something gentle, not just water.

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 5:01 pm
My girls have sensitivity with suave 3 in1 when used in that area. So we use Johnson and Johnson for the privates, plus usually have them stand and do more like a shower as soon as they are old enough. Not sitting in water.

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 5:27 pm
Bubble baths are terrible for my daughter!!!
Only showers, and only water in the nether region.

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 5:38 pm
Bubble baths are terrible for skin in general. I’ve seen warning labels on a few brands of bubble bath liquids that literally say “may cause irritation or a UTI when used for longer periods of time”. There are chemicals in there! The only thing you need to use is water and nothing else in that area.

I love using the Everyone 3 in 1 kids soap. It’s non toxic and all natural.

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 6:22 pm
I still have that sensitivity. I use use Dove soap. Ivory, Dial and most other brands were all too harsh. Also its important to be gentle no scrubbing or pressure needed.

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 6:25 pm
Does she like yoghurt? If she will eat plain, unflavored that will help as well
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics