Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Iso "dumb" phone recommendations

potatoes

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 2:53 pm
The smartphone is getting to dizzying for me. I am looking to get a dumb phone. I would like it to have a full keyboard, take decent pictures/videos. Easy to text on. Perhaps capability of limited internet but no need for social media apps.
Any recommendations? And where to get a plan?

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 11:52 pm
Bump! I already have a phone plan (with no internet) but my slidey phone is no longer functioning like it used to...

Any slidey phone recommendations? Bonus points if it's under $100 but it doesn't necessarily have to be.

chili-n-cholent

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 12:44 am
Such slidey phones are basically not being made anymore today, most phones today are just regular flip without a keypad.
You might be able to find refurbished but I don’t know where, I knew a few ppl who were searching for them and ended up compromising on a standard flip

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 1:08 am
Really? That's annoying... Thanks chili-n-cholent

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 4:00 am
I know they're now dated, but I love my blackberry. It has the full keyboard, decent enough camera. I personally have the internet blocked but it would connect. I've had both the bold and the curve and liked them both.

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 4:53 am
I would look into getting a kosher smartphone. Or having a programmer go into your smartphone.

Deleting all apps you don't want and keeping important apps like banking and waze and having a programmer delete the play store and Google Chrome so you don't have a way to download more apps.

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 7:20 am
In Lakewood these phones are being sold in various places. I bought 2 different ones for my kids. One of the phones has a slide out mini keyboard for texting. Many people have asked us where we bought that phone since it’s impossible to find it anywhere. We actually looked online and it really is impossible to find it!
I think the places in Lakewood that are selling outdated dumb phones are selling refurbished phones since they are not really being made anymore. It’s fine for us.

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 10:29 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
In Lakewood these phones are being sold in various places. I bought 2 different ones for my kids. One of the phones has a slide out mini keyboard for texting. Many people have asked us where we bought that phone since it’s impossible to find it anywhere. We actually looked online and it really is impossible to find it!
I think the places in Lakewood that are selling outdated dumb phones are selling refurbished phones since they are not really being made anymore. It’s fine for us.

I've had 2 refurbished phones in 1 year, both stopped working before the year was up. I'm done with refurbished. Yes I went to the standard flip phone. Would still love love a kosher keyboard phone.. There's no.

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 10:36 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
I've had 2 refurbished phones in 1 year, both stopped working before the year was up. I'm done with refurbished. Yes I went to the standard flip phone. Would still love love a kosher keyboard phone.. There's no.

https://www.amazon.com/WIRELES.....=8-17

https://www.amazon.com/ZTE-Cla.....r=8-4

Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics