Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Inspirational Purim shiur recommendations

pizzapie

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 9:16 pm
Can anyone recommend a good Purim shiur and where I can access it?
TIA

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 9:27 pm
I don't know what you like. I like fast paced connections. Mrs. Rena Tarshish on torah anytime is my cup of tea.

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 9:36 pm
For intellectual, deep, and thought provoking, Rabbi Tatz has shiurim for Purim on simpletoremember.com.

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 1:42 am
Rabbi Glatstien has a shiur called "the loneliest woman" or something like that. Beautiful shiur about Esther's plight.
Also, two years ago, Rabbi Jacobson gave a fascinating talk on Taanis Esther. Why it's called taanis Esther. Incredible .
Both can be found on Torah anytime.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 1:55 am
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
Rabbi Glatstien has a shiur called "the loneliest woman" or something like that. Beautiful shiur about Esther's plight.
Also, two years ago, Rabbi Jacobson gave a fascinating talk on Taanis Esther. Why it's called taanis Esther. Incredible .

could you please link the shiur with Rabbi Jacobson?

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 8:40 am
https://www.theyeshiva.net/jew.....sther

Here's the link. I hope to listen too.
Just downloaded it.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 8:45 am
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
https://www.theyeshiva.net/jewish/6261/womens-purim-class-the-secret-life-of-queen-esther

Here's the link. I hope to listen too.
Just downloaded it.

thank you very much for posting the link!
I found it on youtube already and listening. It‘s great, very recommended! thanks a lot amother firebrick for the advise

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 8:52 am

thank you so much for the recommendation of R. Jacobson‘s shiur. Unfortunately I cannot find the other one, could you maybe provide a link? TIA

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 6:14 pm
Here are two amazing shiurim I listened to today.

This one addresses exactly the point of the thread "Purim is a simcha? Isn't that selfish?"
https://raizelreitshiurim.word.....role/

And this one was also amazing:
https://www.torahanytime.com/#.....42453

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 6:42 pm
I want to recommend another very Interesting shiur by Rabbi Glatstien. It's called chochmas Nashim Purim Fest. (He has 3 uploads of the same shiur. Look for the one that was given this year.)
Incredible information.
You may have heard of the "Purim Fest" connection to the megilla discovered by Rav MB Weismandel. But this takes it much further. Really fascinating stuff. You will not look at Torah the same way again.

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 9:48 pm
Also Shterni Ginsberg on Energized Living gave a beautiful shiur on purim.

https://youtu.be/LJLWnTkMH2Q

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 10:06 pm
I want to recommend another very Interesting shiur by Rabbi Glatstien. It's called chochmas Nashim Purim Fest. (He has 3 uploads of the same shiur. Look for the one that was given this year.)
Incredible information.
You may have heard of the "Purim Fest" connection to the megilla discovered by Rav MB Weismandel. But this takes it much further. Really fascinating stuff. You will not look at Torah the same way again.

I second that one, I listened yesterday and is great

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Feb 26 2021, 4:31 pm
Sorry no time to link but google Ruthie Halberstadt TorahAnytime. Her most recent shiur fits the bill.

Reality

Post Fri, Feb 26 2021, 5:03 pm

Thank you so much for the recommendation! I listed to Rabbi Jacobson's shiur while cooking today.

amother
Firebrick

Post Sat, Feb 27 2021, 10:10 pm
Reality wrote:
Thank you so much for the recommendation! I listed to Rabbi Jacobson's shiur while cooking today.

Pleasure!
My general go-to speakers are Rabbi YY and Rabbi Glatstien. They never dissapoint.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics