Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Anyone's obgyn advising AGAINST getting vaccinated?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 9:05 pm
Pregnant and on the fence about vaccination.

If anyone's ob advised against getting it can you share their explanation?

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 2:01 am
I think this would be a question for your own OBGYN, not some random ladies you don't know on the internet.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 7:21 am
I obviously am in discussions with my own but there are many opinions out there and I would be interested to hear other perspectives seeing as no one can say for certain which is the safer route

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 8:03 am
Mine said definitely not in the first trimester, and the second or third maybe, depending on how risk I would be to getting it (like if I work in healthcare)

sari00

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 8:10 am
I think the puah forum said there's no need to worry, but I am hesitant to get it - just because there's so little data...
I had covid while pregnant as did many women and BH was asymptomatic... BH baby is great!! Now I'm reluctant to get the vaccine... hopefully waiting it out until more data is proving necessary or un necessary

imasinger

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 8:12 am
One big factor may be where you live, and what the risks are near you. That's why it's unhelpful to discuss here.

Doctors are divided about this, too. Most where I live are encouraging vaccination during pregnancy, because there have been some terrible outcomes for pregnant women with Covid.

Most where my pregnant DD lives are saying not to until there's further study.

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 9:14 am
Watch this https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 9:30 am
All those pregnant women suddenly falling ill from covid and on ventilators? They were all vaccinated. They're not sick from covid, they're sick from the covid vaccine.

How come there wasn't a plethora of pregnant women sick with covid last year? it's this new thing...right after they got vaxxed. Weird coincidence, I'm sure.

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 9:33 am
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
All those pregnant women suddenly falling ill from covid and on ventilators? They were all vaccinated. They're not sick from covid, they're sick from the covid vaccine.

How come there wasn't a plethora of pregnant women sick with covid last year? it's this new thing...right after they got vaxxed. Weird coincidence, I'm sure.

All the pregnant women on ventilators from Covid that I know about were not vaccinated. How many women do you know that got both vaccines and got Covid 2 weeks after that, once the vaccine had a chance to kick in?

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 9:38 am

Last year there wasn't these mutations.
There's been a huge uptick in mild and sever cases in all younger people, specifically babies and pregnant women since New mutations came out.

Babies also weren't dying last year but they are this year. And babies can't get vaccinated.

The really sick pregnant women started before vaccines were given out. And originally they weren't suggested to get them. But because of the mutations seem to be hitting them harder many doctors changed their mind that getting a vaccine was a good idea.

How many pregnant women do you know 10 days after their second vaccine that are severely sick?

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 9:52 am
My OB is very much recommending it to the patients of his who regularly face exposure to COVID, either through their jobs or lack of precautions in their personal lives. He said that, based in what is currently known, COVID is riskier than the vaccine.

In my case, and other people whose exposure is very low due to strict SD and masking, he did not actively advise against vaccinating, but on balance he thought it made sense to wait as more data rolls in. This was 3 weeks ago, and he told me he may have a different recommendation at my next appointment, which is coming up next week. He said that tons of data is constantly coming in and he is watching very closely.

He said that one of the things they will be trying to figure out is whether the COVID vaccine during pregnancy conveys some immunity benefits to the baby in utero. If the data indicates it does, then it will be important to be vaccinated davka while pregnant.

The way that vaccine distribution is going in my state, I won't be offered a vaccine until at least probably May or June. And my OB knew that. So maybe the fact that it was mostly a theoretical discussion affected what he said and how he said it.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 9:53 am
If I had already had covid I don't think I would even consider vaccination until after delivery but that isn't the case for me.

It is mostly the news out of Israel that is scaring me (I live in USA) but I also don't know if injecting a new vaccine is the best choice for my baby. No one can say for certain that it is safe and no one can say for certain how one would do with the virus so it is really a hard position to be in.

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 10:08 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If I had already had covid I don't think I would even consider vaccination until after delivery but that isn't the case for me.

It is mostly the news out of Israel that is scaring me (I live in USA) but I also don't know if injecting a new vaccine is the best choice for my baby. No one can say for certain that it is safe and no one can say for certain how one would do with the virus so it is really a hard position to be in.

op I can very much sympathize with your dilemma. Im in a similar situation. Its a hard decision.

I think during this crazy time we have to focus on what is appropriate hishtadlus. The outcomes are always out of our hands. Its not our job to play g-d and try to figure what will happen and what the outcome of every situation will be. Our job is to do what is appropriate and leave the rest up to Hashem. When we try to take control of things that are way beyond our control I think we have overstepped our role. The fact that you got pregnant is a miracle. The same rbs"o that made me pregnant will watch over your unborn fetus. He can make any set of outcomes regardless of what actions we take. Its all in his hands.

When trying to figure out what is appropriate hishtadlus the questions to ask are " what are the drs and gedolim recommending"?

I hope this helps. May you have a smooth pregnancy bshaa tova

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 10:08 am

The women who just died with her baby was not vaccinated.
Her BIL was one of the biggest anti-covid vaxxer in Israel. You can hear his interview on Yeshiva world.

In America many frum pregnant and young women are sick and in hospital. They didn’t get vaccine. The virus mutated and is hitting young ppl much worse now.

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 10:14 am

Please don’t make ridiculous claims without backing it up with data to prove it’s true.

The fact that you haven’t provided any data shows it’s not true.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 10:17 am
newima wrote:
I think the puah forum said there's no need to worry, but I am hesitant to get it - just because there's so little data...
I had covid while pregnant as did many women and BH was asymptomatic... BH baby is great!! Now I'm reluctant to get the vaccine... hopefully waiting it out until more data is proving necessary or un necessary

I wouldn't trust them

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 10:19 am
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
The women who just died with her baby was not vaccinated.
Her BIL was one of the biggest anti-covid vaxxer in Israel. You can hear his interview on Yeshiva world.

In America many frum pregnant and young women are sick and in hospital. They didn’t get vaccine. The virus mutated and is hitting young ppl much worse now.

She was vax with the first one. They say that they're not vaccinated because in Israeli you're not considered vaccinated till the second dosage but all others that are sick or vaccinated with the first dose

What does a BIL have to do with her decision Banging head

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 10:20 am
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
I wouldn't trust them

why not? you trust annon imas more than Drs willing to put their name and trust on their line???

Unknown posters can say anything they want without any accountability.

Drs have their career, reputation, and threat of malpractice on the line. they would not say something that would jeopardize what they spent their whole life building up.

you can choose who to trust.

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 10:21 am
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
She was vax with the first one. They say that they're not vaccinated because in Israeli you're not considered vaccinated till the second dosage but all others that are sick or vaccinated with the first dose

how do you know this?

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 10:42 am
amother [ Jade ] wrote:

It's quite possible she was exposed and got Corona well before the vaccine and only hot symtomos and tested pistivie afterwards.

People can be asymptomatic and have it in their body for a few days before it really affects them.

And how do you know she had one vaccine shot?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics