Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
Greek-Style Stuffed Salmon

Amarante

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 7:37 am
This was good and very festive. Easy to scale up if you need additional portions. The filling worked well with the taste and texture of the salmon. I did a top slit because the overfill stayed on top versus stuffing a side piece of salmon. Smile

You can make the "stuffing" ahead of time and so not much prep to do right before cooking when it might be hectic.

I didn't follow exactly instruction as I did a large dice of the olives, onions and tomatoes for the stuffing as slices didn't seem to make sense. But the taste is good whatever you do.

Greek-Style Stuffed Salmon

Excerpt From: Nina Safar - The Simply Kosher Cookbook: 100+ Recipes for Quick Weeknight Meals and Easy Holiday Favorites

DAIRY GLUTEN FREE GRAIN FREE NUT FREE SUGAR FREE

SERVES 4 | PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES | COOK TIME: 15 MINUTES

With this quick recipe, you get your main dish and salad combo all in one. The vegetables cook perfectly with the salmon, the feta cheese melts in your mouth, and the dill dressing adds just the right amount of flavor. It is a really tasty and easy weeknight dinner, but it can also be impressive enough for entertaining. Serve it with a side of jasmine rice or mashed cauliflower to finish off the plate.

1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 pounds salmon fillet, cut into 4 equal pieces
4 Campari tomatoes on the vine, cut in half
1 small red onion, sliced thinly
⅓ cup pitted Kalamata olives, thinly sliced
¼ cup crumbled feta cheese

1.Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

2.In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, dill, salt, and pepper.

3.Place the salmon on the prepared baking sheet. Using a sharp paring knife, make slits along the length of the salmon, making sure you don’t cut all the way through the fish. You can slice through the side or top of the fish.

4.Brush the salmon with the olive oil–dill mixture, then stuff the slits in the fish with the tomato halves, onion slices, and olives. Top with the crumbled feta.

5.Bake for 12 minutes or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork.

Per serving: Calories: 460; Total fat: 32g; Total carbs: 8g; Fiber: 2g; Sugar: 4g; Protein: 36g; Sodium: 599mg”

jflower

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 8:09 am
Sounds delicious. Thanks for posting.

cbsp

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 8:47 am
I couldn't picture how this was supposed to look so I'm putting the image here:

From here:
https://www.kosherinthekitch.c.....book/

Amarante

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 8:49 am
cbsp wrote:
I couldn't picture how this was supposed to look so I'm putting the image here:

From here:
https://www.kosherinthekitch.c.....book/

Probably with a side slit the larger pieces would work better like the picture.

I am fairly clumsy when it comes to slits with chicken breasts so I went with the easier top slit which meant the slices didn't make as much sense since they were top down instead of going with the width of the salmon - if that makes sense.

But either way, it would taste good so whatever works.

Interesting that the food blogger chose the same recipe from the book as I did - There were some other good recipes in the cookbook which I got a few weeks ago but this one was the one that I wanted to try first as it seemed easy and I like the flavors a lot and it seemed as they were a perfect fit for salmon.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics