Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Dh has to work late on Thursday night
Previous  1  2

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 8:35 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
He can’t take a break at that time. Also he is a bt and can’t read the megila properly

Ask the rabbi about people who do private readings later at night. There are bound to be some. And as I said earlier, no need to explain why it is needed, the rabbi won't care and neither will anybody else at the private reading. In my oot community there is specifically someone who goes around and does this, he does seversl readings over the course of Purim, at all times. For men, women, anyone who needs it.

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 9:45 am
The chabad by me (way OOT) is reading the megillah every hour. Is there a chabad by you?

sari00

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 9:50 am
Zoom with a chumash or kosher Megillah

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 10:24 am
I love the idea of letting your DH figure this out for himself. That’s what The Surrendered Wife would recommend. Also you would save yourself an entire lifetime of worrying about his religious obligations. Are you going to remind him to bentch after every meal? Wake him up repeatedly to get to minyan on time? Set up a chavrusa for him? Store his lulav in wet paper towels so it won’t rot? I’m open to hear the other side on this topic, but I’m deep in the game and the only thing that works for my marriage is to stay out of my husband’s business.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics