Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
MM and co-workers/boss

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 7:23 pm
I am so bad at knowing what's considered proper/expected etiquette. Do people give to their coworkers and bosses? Is it weird to bring before or after purim, because I'm definitely not going on purim?

I work part time at a small company, and I don't have any relationship with anyone there outside of work...

amother
Black

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 7:30 pm
Not sure what type of place you work in and don't have so much advice for the coworkers, but where I work (and what seems to be somewhat the expectation here) we're doing group gifts/mm for boss. Someone is organizing and everyone contributes. Makes it easier for everyone and less awkward.

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 8:24 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
Not sure what type of place you work in and don't have so much advice for the coworkers, but where I work (and what seems to be somewhat the expectation here) we're doing group gifts/mm for boss. Someone is organizing and everyone contributes. Makes it easier for everyone and less awkward.

We do the same for the bosses. As for co-workers, I also work for small business and we bring to work the day before purim. We don't either have much of a relationship outside the office, other than attending office simchas together and the random conversation here and there.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 9:09 pm
Any nice idea? What should I give my co workers? Do I need to buy? Anyone stores you can recommend in boro park that are very elegant but reasonable. Don't want to spend too much

zaq

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 12:50 pm
Gifts to a boss are iffy. They can be seen as an attempt to curry favor. The accepted direction of gift travel is usually from boss to employees, though it does depend on the culture of your workplace.

I assume you're newly hired. Ask one of your coworkers what's customary.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics