Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Reading for ladies in Midwood

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 3:29 pm
For night and day

doctorima

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 4:17 pm
Any specific restrictions? There should be several shuls in your area with one or more readings by night and by day. If you specific where you live and what time and type of reading you're looking for, hopefully we can help you with some local options.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 4:19 pm
I’m feeling really weak - COVID symptoms. Can I hear Megillah by zoom. Is that halachically allowed?

doctorima

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 4:58 pm
If you have Covid symptoms, you absolutely should not be leaving your house or going to a reading with others. That said, you can ask your LOR, but DH showed me a printout of halachos for Purim this year that said that hearing it by Zoom does not fulfill the obligation. Is there someone in your family who could read it for you, or in your neighborhood who could read for your from outside your window?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 5:26 pm
doctorima wrote:
Any specific restrictions? There should be several shuls in your area with one or more readings by night and by day. If you specific where you live and what time and type of reading you're looking for, hopefully we can help you with some local options.

J area and coney

doctorima

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 6:48 pm
There's Rabbi Beck on East 10th between I and J, and at 18th and J you have Rabbi Kahn and Young Israel of Avenue J and Chabad all next to each other. On Coney J-K I think is Rav Schorr, and I-J is Talmud Torah and Young Israel of Flatbush. Would one of those work for you?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics