Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
My 16 year old just woke me up that she’s shivering

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 4:06 am
She came to wake me up that she’s shivering. I didn’t see her shivering. But she’s told me she’s freezing and shivering. I went downstairs to make her a tea while she waited for me in bed. When I came back she was sitting up and told me that the shivering is worse when she lies down. It’s now about 15 minutes after she had a cup of tea. She says she’s not shivering anymore, she’s just cold. She doesn’t have fever and is not feeling feverish. She says otherwise she feels just fine.
What could this be? Should I be concerned? Does she need to see a doctor in the morning?

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 4:42 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
She came to wake me up that she’s shivering. I didn’t see her shivering. But she’s told me she’s freezing and shivering. I went downstairs to make her a tea while she waited for me in bed. When I came back she was sitting up and told me that the shivering is worse when she lies down. It’s now about 15 minutes after she had a cup of tea. She says she’s not shivering anymore, she’s just cold. She doesn’t have fever and is not feeling feverish. She says otherwise she feels just fine.
What could this be? Should I be concerned? Does she need to see a doctor in the morning?

She could’ve had a bad dream, gotten really cold etc. It happens. Nothing to be concerned about

baby12x

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 4:50 am
Do you have a hot water bottle?
That can help

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 4:59 am
Did she recently receive a covid vaccine?

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 5:57 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

My dd was feeling similar yesterday. I didn’t speak to her yet, so I don’t know how she feels today. It also makes me nervous. A refua shelaima to both of them.

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 6:12 am
These were the symptoms that sent my brother to the doctor. He has covid.

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 7:15 am
My husband was shivering last night. He has low fever.

Dh had two scheduled dr appointments this week. He was given a Covid test at one appointment, which he was told is standard practice in the office. It was negative.

Dh is an hypochondriac and suffers from vertigo. He also had a bad nose bleed yesterday, which usually happens out of the blue or when he gets hyped up about something.

Im waiting for him to wake up and see how he feels.

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 7:20 am
Shivering is usually from your body fighting off some kind of virus. Shivering can also alternate with intense hot flashes, which makes it even more confusing.

If it continues for more than 24 hours, please get her in to see a doctor.

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 7:23 am
I had very bad shivers & chills when I had Covid.
With no fever.
Advil was extremely helpful.

Refuah Shelaimah

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 7:23 am
I was sick a couple weeks ago and had that even with no fever. I did have other symptoms like vomiting and just overall felt very week and sick. Covid tests were negative was just a regular virus.

trixx

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 7:39 am
If she's 16 and woke you up, I'd take that concern seriously. She knows better than to wake you for a minor issue so clearly it bothered or scared her very much in the moment.

smss

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 7:48 am
Covid test. Keep her home until you get results.

Refuah sheleimah!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 8:14 am
trixx wrote:
If she's 16 and woke you up, I'd take that concern seriously. She knows better than to wake you for a minor issue so clearly it bothered or scared her very much in the moment.

True. The fact that she woke me is what scared me. On the other hand she is a very nervous type like she gets nervous and concerned from every little thing.
No, she did not get a covid vaccine. She had covid back in March and is in fact still suffering from lost of smell.
About a half hour after she woke me she came down with a fever which does calm me a bit. She is still sleeping now. I will see later how she feels.

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 11:05 am
I remember shivering all night as a teen before I got my period or the first night of my period. I used to think I'm dying but never had the guts to wake my mother, I never made the connection between my periods and night shivers until I got married.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 11:53 am
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
Shivering is usually from your body fighting off some kind of virus. Shivering can also alternate with intense hot flashes, which makes it even more confusing.

If it continues for more than 24 hours, please get her in to see a doctor.

this. As told to me by Dr. Fenster of Lakewood.

My DD once woke up shaking and shivering in the night...no fever then. gave her advil and she felt better. Next day, she tested positive for strep.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics