Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Sanz Klausenberg shabbos box delivery
  Previous  1  2  3   9  10  11  Next

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 6:27 pm
I'm going to guess that if you have enough kids to get a bigger box, they call it a weekday box.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 6:54 pm
So you need to sign up every week separately?

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 7:07 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
Must be because of the ages of your kids. It asks how many children 0-5. My kids are older than 5. I’m assuming that because you have younger kids they realize they aren’t getting lunch in school during the week.
Some of my kids are in school and some aren’t. Bnos melech gave me weekday and weekend boxes both.

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 7:08 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
I'm going to guess that if you have enough kids to get a bigger box, they call it a weekday box.
that’s a weird way of communicating. Whatever I’ll see when it comes but this may not be worth doing again

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 9:54 am
Ok so based on the packing slip the box was intended for the full week. It’s definitely way less food than Bnos melech. On the other hand it saves us a trip. I wouldn’t do it every week but for a week like this one I think it’s a good choice.

4 kids, 2 full week and 2 weekend

3 peppers
1 box cherry tomatoes
1 box sterns cookies
1 bag rolls
1 box frozen potato knishes
1 lukshen kugel
Hummus
Cucumber salad
Tuna fish
I think that’s it.

Oh and the milk and juice.

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 10:11 am
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
Ok so based on the packing slip the box was intended for the full week. It’s definitely way less food than Bnos melech. On the other hand it saves us a trip. I wouldn’t do it every week but for a week like this one I think it’s a good choice.

4 kids, 2 full week and 2 weekend

3 peppers
1 box cherry tomatoes
1 box sterns cookies
1 bag rolls
1 box frozen potato knishes
1 lukshen kugel
Hummus
Cucumber salad
Tuna fish
I think that’s it.

Oh and the milk and juice.

I got the exact same thing for 2 kids- 1 full and 1 weekend.
Oh, plus a 6-pack of applesauces.

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 10:26 am
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
I got the exact same thing for 2 kids- 1 full and 1 weekend.
Oh, plus a 6-pack of applesauces.
Right, I forgot the applesauce.
I would say I got around half as much food as I got from bnos melech so I wonder if they’re really taking family size into account.

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 10:44 am
Doesn’t sound too exciting this week. 2 weeks ago there were some really good things. Probably different each week..
Such a busy week- I’m happy not to have to wait in line! Waiting for my box to come now...

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 11:01 am
Right, I forgot the applesauce.
I would say I got around half as much food as I got from bnos melech so I wonder if they’re really taking family size into account.

I assume a lot of the money is going towards delivery

amother
Black

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 12:24 pm
I got the same for 1 kids for a full week and 2 weekend kids. They cant be exact for everyone in terms of the money I guess .

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 1:03 pm
So it looks like they’re ignoring family size and just giving everyone the same box. My husband isn’t impressed so we likely won’t do it again. It was worth a try though.

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 1:04 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
I got the same for 1 kids for a full week and 2 weekend kids. They cant be exact for everyone in terms of the money I guess .
Most places give us 2 boxes for 4 kids though.

fcy

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 1:11 pm
Most places give us 2 boxes for 4 kids though.

2 boxes for four kids just for weekends?

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 1:36 pm
fcy wrote:
2 boxes for four kids just for weekends?
This was supposed to be for the week. They included a slip of paper with a “menu”. The issue is that a lot of the foods that were listed weren’t in the box. So I’m not sure what their story is.
Anyway, someone else wants this box for their family so we will give it to them and get our usual box.

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 4:51 am
I was actually fine with the contents of the box.
I got 2 containers of spiced chickpeas with Lima beans
A large box of pre packaged black and white cookies
Beigels challah rolls- they look very fresh
Orange juice (Lakewood farms)
Milk- red and blue
Tuna salad
Cucumber salad
Sabra chummus
3 peppers- we eat a lot of peppers so it’s good for us!
Shefa Lukshen kugel that I think I will use to add to my Purim Seuda
Unsweetened applesauce cups- they are usually sweetened and flavored in the other boxes and on my diet I’m allowed to eat unsweetened applesauce so I think I’ll eat that- one of my kids will probably eat it too
Potato knishes
Grape Tomatoes - they are good! I bought a container the other day and they were bad ones!
Can’t remember what else but for a home delivery this was perfect!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 2:31 pm
available to order for this week's delivery. Anyone else have an opinion or want to let us know about details?

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 2:35 pm
I have only one 2 year old child and it keeps telling me we ran out of boxes for your family size. Anyone know why?

amother
Black

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 7:57 pm
they only take orders for a limited amount of boxes, after that it says their out of boxes for this week.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 8:25 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
I have only one 2 year old child and it keeps telling me we ran out of boxes for your family size. Anyone know why?

I have three children. One gets food in school. One is in school out of town so I usually only count him. The other is a baby. I noticed when I filled out the form for this box, if I chose one or two children in only one age group it said it ran out of boxes for this amount but when I chose one in each age group it worked. Maybe some kind of glitch. Either way,
I’m comfortable asking for two children bec my daughter who gets lunch in school doesn’t get on the weekends anyway, and this is a weekend box.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 9:15 pm
We’ve gotten it twice. Been fairly impressed. The stuff has been pretty good & not much has gone to waste (except the herring Smile). The fruits & veggies have been great quality. They include red & blue milk (we prefer red) and it gets delivered!

I assumed, that like other places, if your kid gets school meals they are considered the older group, if not they are the younger group. That’s how I entered my kids.

Most places give one ‘weekend’ box for up to 4 weekend kids or 2 full week kids. A ‘weekday’ box is usually double. I got one weekend box for 2 kids who don’t get school meals.

Last week’s weekend box from Sanz had the weekday menu in it (I assume it was an accident). The week before it had the weekend menu & it matched the stuff in the box.
Page 2 of 11   Previous  1  2  3   9  10  11  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries