Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Softest, best brisket recipe

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 12:30 pm
Anyone?

tweety1

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 1:34 pm
Buy a pickled brisket and cook it in water for abt 3-4 hours. Made it this hr. It melts in the mouth. I made it because I know it's one thing my kids will eat and ask for doubles.

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 1:36 pm
The softest brisket, IME, is not about the recipe so much as the piece of meat you buy.

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 2:21 pm
Make sure you get second cut

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 2:47 pm
With or without liquids?
225 250
How many hours

estreya

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 4:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
With or without liquids?
225 250
How many hours

You can cook it with or without liquid -- remember there will be juices coming out from the meat as it cooks.

Keep it well covered (I always put foil over the roasting pan tightly and then cover with the roaster lid.

You can cook it between 225 and 250 about 1 hr per pound. I always put it in at 400 first for about half an hour to get it started and then turn it down.

I always buy a large brisket (2nd cut) and put it in overnight, of course, timing it correctly.

After time is up, put a meat fork into it. If it goes through easily, it is cooked. If not, continue cooking it.

Let it sit in fridge and have it go cold before slicing across the grain of the meat -- otherwise, it will just fall apart.

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 4:33 pm
I do 250 for 5-6 hours. Butter soft.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 6:23 pm
Sweet & Sour Brisket from Spice & Spirit.

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....93375

egam

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 10:05 pm
Second cut, covered, liquid, low and slow.

Sprinkle it with salt and pepper or make a rub with salt, black pepper, chili pepper, cumin, ground coriander. Whatever I’m in the mood for. Then brown it in a pan on both sides. Take out of the pan and add carrots, celery, smashed garlic and sauté a little, add some dry red wine and deglaze the pan. You can also add some tomato paste. Add stock or water, season, add peppercorns and a few bay leaves. Adjust seasonings. Pour over meat, cover with foil and into the oven on low and slow. 300F for a few hours or even 250F for about 6 hours.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics