Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
The amount of heated opinions about kids clothing...

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 2:00 pm
Lately there are quite a few threads passionate about children's clothing and whether a particular item is cute or not...

Why not live and let live?

Some people think it's cute obviously. Let them buy it. You don't have to put it onto your child.

Why all the harassment as if trying to convince and push opinions onto others - just because *you* think an article of clothing is hideous, now everybody must think that.

Relax. We all have different tastes. And even if you think someone's taste is absolutely outrageous and based on Jewish trends or "ugly" stuff, or because it's sold as "European kids clothing"... or whatever. Who the heck cares.

Live and let live.

You'll go on the street and you'll see some "hideous" clothing on little kids. You'll survive. I promise.

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 2:06 pm
Because imamother can't fathom that people may have different tastes and they can't fargin if someone chooses to spend what they think is a lot.
Or they're jealous and feel like they have to harass others. I find this attitude so immature.

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 2:12 pm
I think that people would never say these things in real life and are taking the opportunity to share their (very strong) opinions here!

I am sure we are all just as opinionated about something in our lives and can't usually share it.

That doesn't mean people have to be mean but it's a chance that doesn't come up often. Very Happy

Crookshanks

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 2:40 pm
All very true. It's very easy to be mean online, especially when people go as amother and you don't know who you are yelling at. In general Imamother seems to have enormous problems with the you do you, live and let live mentality.

SuperWify

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 2:44 pm
Maskim OP.

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 2:45 pm
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
I think that people would never say these things in real life and are taking the opportunity to share their (very strong) opinions here!

I am sure we are all just as opinionated about something in our lives and can't usually share it.

That doesn't mean people have to be mean but it's a chance that doesn't come up often. Very Happy

It's sad that so many adults don't know how to express their opinions respectfully, without bashing & being mean. I don't take the opinions of mean posters seriously, I just think to myself that it's sad that an adult is behaving this way, their must be something going on in their lives or they're just mean people in general.

HeartyAppetite

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 3:17 pm
I learned a while ago to never ask any opinions about clothing on Imamother.
The first year I was on, I posted about an outfit for my child and some people were saying how ugly it is....
Never again.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics