Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
How much money do you spend on yourself a week?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 3:28 pm
Firstly, is it a assigned amount that you made up with your husband I.e he will transfer money to your personal account weekly (or do you spend the money using a joint account. )

This is not for paying bills or any expenses.or for kids needs

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 3:55 pm
There is no assigned amount and I have no idea. Not much, I spend all of my money on my kids. I do buy myself lunch fairly often. Sometimes I shop for clothes.

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 3:57 pm
BH, I have a fairly comfortable discretionary income. There is no set amount per week that I spend on myself. I just swipe the credit card.

I spend approx $30 personal on beauty products. Lunches every so often. $100 every 6 weeks on wash & sets.

But non-fixed expenses can be pretty high - if I decide to go shopping for wardrobe, that can be hundreds of dollars at a time. If I want a new sheitel, I just book an appointment with my sheitel macher. If I need to replace my handbag, I do it.

BH, I am very grateful to have this flexibility.

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 3:58 pm
I don't have a set amount. Today I did Uber Eats, which I rarely do (maybe 3 times a year). Sometimes I go out with friends but usually it's just a walk or whatever. I do manicures a few times a year as well.
I shop for clothes as needed and occasionally (read once or twice a year) splurge on extras like fancy dinner, spa, a new purse, etc.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 4:00 pm
I have no assigned amt. I just swipe the card or take out cash.
I would discuss a purchase over $600/$1000 with my husband, but he wouldn’t keep me back.

That being said, I am not a spender, and we can afford it bh.

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 4:10 pm
No set amount!!!
Whenever I need something I buy it.
We're very careful about expenses, more me than my husband, so when I decide to buy it's usually because I need it or it's a bargain!!

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 4:17 pm
Basically nothing.
I work and bring yogurt or peanut butter from home.
I don’t drink/buy coffee.
I have had 6 manicures in my life. I have not had a professional hair cut in many many of years.
I do not subscribe to any magazines and all books are borrowed or from the library.
I have not purchased clothes in over a year. (Sorry, misspoke, bought a $12 dress last April, a few bandannas over the summer, and 2 6packs of underwear in November. ) I used to buy clothes/shoes, but with Covid I don’t go to shul or anywhere other than work, to which I wear scrubs.
I do buy myself chocolate when it is interesting and on sale at Costco.
My husband could not care less what I spend and has never asked (even when I was a SAHM and went foe lunch with my baby and friends or went to the mall). I do love to shop for things for my kids, but them clothes/shoes/art projects....I am just a very simple person.

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 4:25 pm
Ranges from $0 to $100+. It really depends.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 4:32 pm
I don't have a set amount weekly. If I need something, I will buy it if we have the room in our budget for it.

For our budgeting, we try to keep the credit card bill under a certain amount per month. If we are low one month, I will go ahead with spending on myself. If we don't have that wiggle room, I will wait until the next month (or the next).

I don't really have any things I buy just for myself regularly. No manicures. No shaitel appts (do it myself). No take out lunches. No random shopping.

I mean... I'll buy myself the shampoo and deodorant I like. Does that count??? Lol

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 4:40 pm
I'm the main income earner and have to admit that deep down I see the money I earn as mine. Of course I pay for a lot of our family expenses, nearly everything that the children need, most of the car-related costs and part of utility bills and food bills and insurances. But I also buy for myself what I feel I need, without asking. If I buy something unusually expensive, I will usually tell it to dh but I don't expect serious resistance.

My personal spending is very irregular and hard to sum up. I can go for months with almost zero personal expenses and then break out in a huge, but mostly reasonable, shopping/online ordering spree for hundreds of shekels. Spent over a thousand like that last month but nothing in the 3 months before that. Overall, I make a constant effort to avoid impulsive buying and money wasting. I don't do beauty treatments like manicure and I almost never eat out because for me that feels like wasting. I'll rather do my own nails and shlep a bag of homemade sandwiches everywhere I have to go. But I have no limited weekly or monthly budget.

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 4:44 pm
Usually none.

Teomima

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 4:46 pm
I very, very rarely spend any money on myself (and even if I did, I have my own account with my own money in it). Certainly not on a weekly basis and not even monthly.

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 5:22 pm
What are you talking about "on myself"? Medical bills? Food? Clothes? makeup and jewelry? On makeup and jewelry, almost nothing. Once in two years or so I buy a new eyeshadow or blush, almost always in a discount store. So less than $10 a year on average. I'm not a frivolous person and the things I have I keep for a long time and use them to death. Mostly I buy things to replace old things that wore out.

I don't buy books or magazines but borrow them from the library, read online or pick up at Little Free Libraries. My hairdresser is $35 once in 6-8 weeks for a haircut. Hair color I do at home, I buy on sale for about $3 a pack, once in 6-8 weeks, a bit less during the pandemic since I'm not going anywhere. Not much else unless you count nosh, which I'm sorry to say I do way too much. Can be $5 or even $10 or more, some weeks.

My dh doesn't give me money. I work for a living and don't have to get anyone's approval for what I spend.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 5:35 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
What are you talking about "on myself"? Medical bills? Food? Clothes? makeup and jewelry? On makeup and jewelry, almost nothing. Once in two years or so I buy a new eyeshadow or blush, almost always in a discount store. So less than $10 a year on average. I'm not a frivolous person and the things I have I keep for a long time and use them to death. Mostly I buy things to replace old things that wore out.

I don't buy books or magazines but borrow them from the library, read online or pick up at Little Free Libraries. My hairdresser is $35 once in 6-8 weeks for a haircut. Hair color I do at home, I buy on sale for about $3 a pack, once in 6-8 weeks, a bit less during the pandemic since I'm not going anywhere. Not much else unless you count nosh, which I'm sorry to say I do way too much. Can be $5 or even $10 or more, some weeks.

My dh doesn't give me money. I work for a living and don't have to get anyone's approval for what I spend.

Of course, you do u! Im working hard on budgeting and I love hearing how others work on / through that.( bc I like the finer things )

Zehava

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 5:41 pm
Really depends on the week! I buy what I need/want within reason.

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 5:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Of course, you do u! Im working hard on budgeting and I love hearing how others work on / through that.( bc I like the finer things )

So are you looking for justification?
Do you want me to say that DH gives me $200 a week allowance, like a pre-teen as mad money to spend on whatever I want?
You do you. Look at your income, your expenses, what you should put away for a rainy day (read job loss), future expenses (house/tuition/simchas) and see what you have left.

amother
Red

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 5:53 pm
No set amount.
Regular stuff like beauty/personal products/wash n sets, I buy when I need. I do occasional lunch or coffee. Anything major like Shaitel purchase or clothing over a certain amount I will discuss with my husband before. But I'm not a spender, so usually if I'm considering buying something like that it's because I really need it or it's at an amazing price. My husband trusts my purchases based on my spending habits. He knows I'm not a frivolous shopper.

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 5:55 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
Do you want me to say that DH gives me $200 a week allowance, like a pre-teen as mad money to spend on whatever I want?
You do you. Look at your income, your expenses, what you should put away for a rainy day (read job loss), future expenses (house/tuition/simchas) and see what you have left.

This.

nchr

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 5:56 pm
I do not spend money on myself on a weekly basis.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 6:02 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:

💯 not the point! Bc I said I’m trying to budget I am trying to see where perhaps I am overspending or just not realizing what’s not necessary. Maybe I have unlimited funds. I didn’t say I get a big /small dollar value. I’m not asking what can I spend on bc I have unlimited 💸
Page 1 of 8   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics