Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Nose piercing

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 2:03 pm
I have been thinking to do it a long time, but afraid of many things.
How painful it is. How long the healing etc.

Biggest issue. How am I showing up with the new look. And questions from everyone.

Advice appreciated.

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 2:37 pm
My friend did is last year. She was excited about it for a week, wore it proudly and was so happy to show it off. A week or two later she took it out, she said she got over it. Idk.
I wouldn't do it but that's me.

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 2:38 pm
I am not sure where you live or what circles you are in so I cannot comment on how people will react. In my community it’s a big statement and would come with a lot of judgment..

That being said, if it’s something you like and want and don’t care what people will say anyways then go for it!

From my understanding with friends who have gotten, it can take months to heal. Make sure to find somewhere reputable to do it and be careful with any facial products you normally use to avoid infection afterwards. Also better to start with a stud rather than a hoop from what I’ve heard. The pain is probably similar to getting an ear cartilage piercing

oneofakind

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 3:14 pm
A teenager I know got a cartilage piercing in her nose. It hurt for a week and then she was fine.

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 3:18 pm
I don't get how you blow your nose if you have a nose ring...?

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 3:36 pm
Try a clip-in first. It will give you some idea of whether you actually want it.

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 3:41 pm
Well you're doing it for other people to see so enjoy the comments!

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 4:08 pm
It's so not a big deal. I did it twice. Biggest risk is knocking it out in your sleep so make sure you get a starter nose ring with has a hook inside. It's a very personal choice. You know your crowd and community. I did it in Israel and again, in college. I wouldn't do it today and no one can tell I ever did it.

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 5:09 pm
I happen to think nose rings are ugly, but you do you. You'll just excuse me if I don't look you in the face when we talk. Sorry, but those things make me nauseous, no matter how gorgeous the woman and how discreet the ornament.

GLUE

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 6:37 pm
When I was in school the "in thing" to get for your Bat-Mitzah was earrings. When I asked for some my Daddy told me that he is only going to pay for a nose ring not earrings. I wonder what would have happen if I told him fine I'll take a nose ring

amother
Black

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 6:43 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
I happen to think nose rings are ugly, but you do you. You'll just excuse me if I don't look you in the face when we talk. Sorry, but those things make me nauseous, no matter how gorgeous the woman and how discreet the ornament.

Did you derive pleasure making this comment? Are you grown up who really can't look past something that's very normal in many cultures?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 6:52 pm

You do know the imahos wore nose rings, right? Smile

lucky14

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 8:08 pm

Nauseous? Seriously? That's honestly something you need to work on not bring up here as a reason why maybe someone shouldn't get one.
I'm writing this response because I think your comment was just mean.
There are some things I don't particularly enjoy looking at but I'd still give someone the decency to look them in the face when talking to them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics