Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Anyone's obgyn advising AGAINST getting vaccinated?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 12:55 pm
Not directly to your post OP but just to weigh in, pregnant women have been prone to more difficult cases since the very beginning. It has risk.

On the other hand, the mrna technology also has risk to do as a trial on a pregnant woman. It is not like we do not have horror stories from things that were recalled years later with terrible effects.

My very unique pov on this is if I were in your shoes I would consider this course of action, though extreme;

I would isolate 100% as possible until after birth (excluding doctor visits, fully masked extra with viser etc...) I would also prepare a fully thought out treatment plan in case of contracting the virus because very early treatment is key. That's how I think I would do my hishtadlus if I were in your shoes, and daven and trust H' that He will provide.

It is no choice but to choose from the available options based on your best assesment of risks, and none are guaranteed as 100% safe or effective unfortunately.

B'sha'a Tova.

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 2:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I obviously am in discussions with my own but there are many opinions out there and I would be interested to hear other perspectives seeing as no one can say for certain which is the safer route

this thread seems to give overwhelming evidence of the dangers of covid overriding a vaccine that should be safe.

the worst fear obs seem to have of the vaccine is the fever- which should not be a problem if its kept low.

I was on the fence too. I think I'm decided.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 2:32 pm
I just asked my RE - I’m not pregnant or TTC right now but I am an IF patient.
His advice to me (ofc everyone ask their own doctor) was - based on what we know now, risk of covid is higher than risk of vaccine.
He said that unless someone is pregnant in first trimester or had Covid within the last 3 months, he recommends getting the vaccine.

(He didn’t say not to get it during first trimester but that there are more unknowns during first trimester - Ofc ask your doctor for a personalized answer)

PeanutMama

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 3:16 pm
I’m pregnant with my second child, 12 weeks along now BH

and the stories of mothers and or babies dying are horrifying! I’ll bring it up at my next doctors appointment, see what they say.

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 3:39 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
this thread seems to give overwhelming evidence of the dangers of covid overriding a vaccine that should be safe.

the worst fear obs seem to have of the vaccine is the fever- which should not be a problem if its kept low.

I was on the fence too. I think I'm decided.

Sadly, even a minor fever increases the risks. So for a hypothetical woman who lives alone on a mountaintop with a year's supply of necessities, the vaccine risk is higher.

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 3:42 pm
My OB said not to take it. Live in Lakewood
I will ask again at next appointment

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 3:45 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
My OB said not to take it. Live in Lakewood
I will ask again at next appointment

do you know why she said that?

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 3:46 pm
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
Sadly, even a minor fever increases the risks. So for a hypothetical woman who lives alone on a mountaintop with a year's supply of necessities, the vaccine risk is higher.

since few women fit that description - I'm guessing you agree with me. everything in life includes some risk.

which risks are you referring to?

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 3:49 pm
do you know why she said that?

I work from home and take a lot of precautions
I’m going to ask again next week since things have changed since we last spoke. Wouldn’t be surprised if she changed her mind

Java

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 3:54 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
I am not currently expecting, and this may be controversial, but I would rather get the vaccine while pregnant and ch"v ch"v have something happen to the baby (which has consistently been shown not to be the case), than get Covid so badly I lose my life and leave my children without their mother - as we so tragically see happening in Israel.

THIS 100%!!
The same way we abort a baby if they're putting the mother's life at risk.

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 12:40 am
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
She was vax with the first one. They say that they're not vaccinated because in Israeli you're not considered vaccinated till the second dosage but all others that are sick or vaccinated with the first dose

What does a BIL have to do with her decision Banging head

Stop with the lies.
She was never vaxxed. Unless she caught the vac from om her husband.

Quote:

Yehudah Ben-Shitrit, the husband of Asnat, z’l, who passed away of the coronavirus on Motzei Shabbos at age 32, told Channel 13 News that contrary to rumors, his wife wasn’t opposed to vaccines and even made an appointment to receive the first dose but caught the virus prior to the appointment.

“At the beginning, she was a little nervous due to all the talk in the media about pregnant women but later she decided to be vaccinated and she made appointments for both of us,” Yehudah said.

“I got vaccinated with the first dose but then contracted the virus and then she caught it and it was too late for her to be vaccinated. We were in favor of vaccination – I recommend to everyone to be vaccinated, to protect your lives so you won’t come to our situation.”

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 11:57 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
She was vax with the first one. They say that they're not vaccinated because in Israeli you're not considered vaccinated till the second dosage but all others that are sick or vaccinated with the first dose

What does a BIL have to do with her decision Banging head

Her husband has publicly said she had an APPOINTMENT to get the vaccine. she didn't get it yet

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 4:29 am
op I can very much sympathize with your dilemma. Im in a similar situation. Its a hard decision.

I think during this crazy time we have to focus on what is appropriate hishtadlus. The outcomes are always out of our hands. Its not our job to play g-d and try to figure what will happen and what the outcome of every situation will be. Our job is to do what is appropriate and leave the rest up to Hashem. When we try to take control of things that are way beyond our control I think we have overstepped our role. The fact that you got pregnant is a miracle. The same rbs"o that made me pregnant will watch over your unborn fetus. He can make any set of outcomes regardless of what actions we take. Its all in his hands.

When trying to figure out what is appropriate hishtadlus the questions to ask are " what are the drs and gedolim recommending"?

I hope this helps. May you have a smooth pregnancy bshaa tova

I think this is a very important point. At the end of the day noone actually knows, so we can only go according to what our doctors, rav, tells us, or if we have a very strong fear either way, well that's also part of what hashem gave us to deal with.
I'm bh pregnant, became pregnant before there was any talk of vaccinations. Where I live they aren't offering it to pregnant women, a few weeks ago I became very nervous about all the stories I'm hearing from Israel and started with the what ifs...etc. until someone pointed out to me my hishtadlus is only what is reasonable, I'm not flying to Israel now to get a vaccine, and I'm also not required to bang doors down where I live to get to the top of the list. My hishtadlus in my situation is to take as many precautions, and then daven. Your hishtadlus depending on your circumstances might be very different.
I ended up catching covid from my teen daughter, who it seems caught it in school. Yes I was worried, I think everyone around me was more worried. I took vitamins, aspirin etc., bh bh I got over it without any serious issues. And in 3 months when I am offered the vaccine, with all I know now, I will take it iyh
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics