Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
What are the rules for this?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 8:29 pm
The rules keep changing but, if someone has antibodies (recently tested) but someone in their household currently tested positive, does the household member with antibodies need to quarantine? I know the antibodies should protect her/ but can she be an "asymptomatic spreader"?

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 8:32 pm
I think they’re only exempt from quarantine is they’ve had covid within the last 3 months or proof of vaccination

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 8:58 pm
Where are you located? Some places have slightly diff rules in place.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 9:00 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
Where are you located? Some places have slightly diff rules in place.

WHAT? How do you mean different rules different places? I'm not so much asking about any law, I want to know if a person who has antibodies can still be what they call an asymptomatic spreader. This is science. Where I live is nothing to do with it.

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 9:00 pm
We specifically asked this question to a top infectious disease dr about 6 months after we had covid and were told we do not need to quarantine even-though we were exposed.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 9:06 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
We specifically asked this question to a top infectious disease dr about 6 months after we had covid and were told we do not need to quarantine even-though we were exposed.

Thank you. Exactly what I was trying to figure out.

That was 6 months ago. Anyone gotten same advice more recently? I feel like the rules keep changing.

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 9:14 pm
From everything we know so far, your chance of being an asymptotic carrier with antibodies is substantially reduced but in no way zero. The “rules” keep changing as we try to get a handle on what reduced means quantitatively, and as other factors in the judgement call (economics, public compliance, etc) shift over time.

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 9:18 pm
Yes she can be an asymptomatic spreader. The antibodies you get are those that circulate in your blood, so they protect you from getting sick. But there’s not enough data to show that there are antibodies in your mucus. So you can be carrying Covid in your nose, throat, saliva, etc, and pass it on to someone else.
Again, the data isn’t super strong because it’s still in progress. But in the event that we don’t develop antibodies in our mucus, I would quarantine. I’m not sure what the official “rules” are, but that’s what I would do to be safe. Does the CDC website mention anything?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 2:37 am
WHAT? How do you mean different rules different places? I'm not so much asking about any law, I want to know if a person who has antibodies can still be what they call an asymptomatic spreader. This is science. Where I live is nothing to do with it.

You specifically asked for the rules. Sounds like she only means to bring to your attention that the rules may differ by location. Eg Israel and America do not have the same rules. If you are not interested in the legal rules, this wasn’t clear.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 7:05 am
Our school asked our pediatrician and he said reinfection is still rare so as long as antibodies do not need to quarantine. Regardless of time.

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 7:23 am
My doctor, and the doctor at the urgent care, said I did not have to quarantine, based on my recently tested antibody levels (they keep decreasing so you have to check every 3 months). NYC did not agree. In any case, I stayed home to care for my family.

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 7:40 am
I would think that if according to the science, right now, people fully vaccinated don't have to quarantine, then the people with recent antibodies or an individual who had covid within 3 months regardless of antibodies, don't need to either.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics