Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
How much money do you spend on yourself a week?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

Crookshanks

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 12:47 pm
I don't have kids yet the amount I spend on myself will probably change once I do.

Java

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 12:49 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
I don't have kids yet the amount I spend on myself will probably change once I do.

Yeah probably lol. I definitely feel like my perspective on money changed since I had my baby (the cutest one btw!!) You don't really realize how expensive life is until you're buying diapers, formula, wipes, you name it... plus good daycare which is expensive!!!

Crookshanks

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 12:50 pm
cutestbaby wrote:
Yeah probably lol. I definitely feel like my perspective on money changed since I had my baby (the cutest one btw!!) You don't really realize how expensive life is until you're buying diapers, formula, wipes, you name it... plus good daycare which is expensive!!!

Right but I'm hoping it won't have to! Again, don't wanna turn into my mother Very Happy

Java

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 12:53 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
Right but I'm hoping it won't have to! Again, don't wanna turn into my mother Very Happy

I'm almost positive there's a happy medium in there somewhere Wink

keym

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 12:55 pm
Crookshanks wrote:

There's a balance between not buying anything new for yourself (your mother) and every season buying 2 new pairs shoes, 2 Shabbos outfits, 7 weekday outfits (you now).
Myself and most of my friends are in the middle. One new Shabbos outfit a season, plus old ones. One or two new weekday outfits a season, shoes as necessary, etc.

Crookshanks

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 12:56 pm
Okay so happy balances! Like Jeunesse. Okay, I'm too ready for Purim. By the way, has anyone noticed that this thread is long off tangent?

Refine

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 12:57 pm
cutestbaby wrote:
Lol my mind is still blown too!
Bh I make a good salary and if I wanted to I could spend that kind of money, but I don't think I could even figure out what to spend it on!
1-2 good skirts- $150 at the most
Tops from Zara/H +M etc - maaaybe $250 but probably not even that
A couple of dresses- ok I'll overestimate at $600 but probably not even that
Maybe like 2 pairs of shoes (from online like Century21, not Jewish stores) $150-200
That's really it...
Also- probably almost all this stuff would survive until the next year, so I wouldn't spend nearly as much that year. (maybe not some of the tops, but some definitely would)

That's about 1150.
Add coats, boots, underclothes, pantyhose, tichels, nightgowns, robe and you can cut it close.
What I'm amazed at is doing all that for every season. Don't some things last and isn't it easier to just keep wearing it instead of replacing it all?
I dislike shopping though.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 1:00 pm
Interesting thread. Our spend on whatever I need. I don't have a set amount, but I'm not such a spender in general. I did spend $1,200 on maternity clothes a few months ago, since I was desperate and everybody except for one store was closed because of the zones in my town- thanks Cuomo. I had 3 family simchas and am hard to fit. Bought 3 weekday dresses, 2 shabbos dresses, one robe...$200 a piece.
I normally buy what I need though I don't have a real budget

Java

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 1:02 pm
Refine wrote:
That's about 1150.
Add coats, boots, underclothes, pantyhose, tichels, nightgowns, robe and you can cut it close.
What I'm amazed at is doing all that for every season. Don't some things last and isn't it easier to just keep wearing it instead of replacing it all?
I dislike shopping though.

Yeah I said at the bottom that it would probably last for multiple years so the next year I would spend less
Coats- at least 2 years, maybe more
Boots- same
underclothes- Idk what you buy, but I buy the $5 stuff from target lol
pantyhose- maybe $50 a season?
tichels- I use the same ones for a long time
nightgowns- I wear pajamas from target usually
robe- multiple years

Ok so let's say in total 1300 for a season and then much less than that the next year

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 1:25 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
Don't call yourself a neb! Just because you don't spend tons of money on material things doesn't make you a neb.

Call yourself thrifty, money-conscious, responsible with the money you do have, financially creative 😂

I am also curious about income- if you are spending thousands on each season's clothing (just for yourself.... can't even imagine how much it costs to clothe your whole family?!), what is your yearly income???

Agree with your last paragraph. Our income is $110,000. We have 3 young kids. I would not be able to spend $4,000 a year on my wardrobe!

(I do spend $5000 a year on cleaning help. Crookshanks and SuperWify do you do that? Maybe I'm prioritizing differently?)

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 1:33 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
Agree with your last paragraph. Our income is $110,000. We have 3 young kids. I would not be able to spend $4,000 a year on my wardrobe!

(I do spend $5000 a year on cleaning help. Crookshanks and SuperWify do you do that? Maybe I'm prioritizing differently?)

Well our income is more than that a month, so yes some people have lots of money to spend.
Doesn’t mean they do....or don’t!

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 1:34 pm
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
Well our income is more than that a month, so yes some people have lots of money to spend.
Doesn’t mean they do....or don’t!

Right I guess so! I'm surprised so many young Lakewood couples have so much disposable income. Good for them!

Crookshanks

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 1:55 pm
No cleaning help. I'm a newlywed, it's just me and my husband!

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 2:03 pm
The question only works when you know the income of the person spending this amount. I am trying to figure out where my savings should be if I'm not spending close to what people are describing on this thread, but then again, maybe I never earned that money so I can't save it.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 2:35 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
I must have misunderstood the first thing you wrote I am totally confused. Lakewood people spend more or less? Whatever...

Sorry I was being sarcastic. People love bashing Lakewood so I was doing it for them.

Don’t get me wrong. Majority of Lakewood women dress nice and look put together. But I know plenty of other communities were there Mary of women there dress and spend on a whole other level.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 2:37 pm
Delete

Last edited by SuperWify on Thu, Feb 25 2021, 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

SuperWify

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 2:40 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
Okay so happy balances! Like Jeunesse. Okay, I'm too ready for Purim. By the way, you has anyone noticed that this thread is long off tangent?

I learned long ago on this website not to mention my spending habits my vacations my cleaning help or any splurge of mine because they will be ripped apart and dissected until I’m second guessing myself and my lifestyle.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 2:43 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:

Delete

Last edited by SuperWify on Thu, Feb 25 2021, 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 2:49 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Honestly I don’t look at cleaning help as a splurge but rather a necessity for the healthy functioning of our household. I spend $75 a week. do the math.

Deleted, sorry that came out rude.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 3:28 pm
Delete

Last edited by SuperWify on Fri, Mar 05 2021, 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Page 7 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics