Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Driving during quarantine?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 12:05 am
can I drive my kids around on purim if I am supposed to be quarantining??

I guess I can wear a mask and leave windows open... I am not positive, just quarantining due to possible exposure to a child at work. I obviously wouldn't go visit people

mochamix18

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 12:31 am
Quarantining is not leaving the house period. Even if your quarantining only because you were exposed. The whole point is to make sure your body doesn’t incubate the virus and infect others.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 10:18 am
My kids are around me at home anyway... If I am only quarantining due to possible exposure, why cant they be in car with me? Esp if I mask up, feel fine...

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 10:22 am
If you are supposed to be in quarantine due to possible exposure, and your kids are exposed to you, I honestly wouldn't want your kids giving my kids mishloach manos.

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 10:25 am
Ask your doctor, so that you’ll feel comfortable in whatever you do.

Some women here mingle in packed public indoor places with no masks while actively having Covid, while others here would quarantine secondhand exposure. It’ll just leave you more frustrated and confused.

STMommy

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 10:34 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:

Some women here mingle in packed public indoor places with no masks while actively having Covid, while others here would quarantine secondhand exposure. It’ll just leave you more frustrated and confused.

Surprised

I hope those women spend all night every night davening that they didn't kill someone.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 12:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
can I drive my kids around on purim if I am supposed to be quarantining??

I guess I can wear a mask and leave windows open... I am not positive, just quarantining due to possible exposure to a child at work. I obviously wouldn't go visit people

No, you can't. You're supposed to be indoors.

Your kids don't need to quarantine unless you test positive, so they're OK.

Do you really think that no one is going to come over to the car to say hi if you're driving around dropping off MM?

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 12:28 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:

Have these women consulted their ravs about this?

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 12:33 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
No, you can't. You're supposed to be indoors.

Your kids don't need to quarantine unless you test positive, so they're OK.

Do you really think that no one is going to come over to the car to say hi if you're driving around dropping off MM?

Why can't she drive around with a mask and not roll down the window?

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 12:35 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
Why can't she drive around with a mask and not roll down the window?

Because then that means she's not quarantining from her kids, in which case her kids need to be quarantining too

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 12:45 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Because then that means she's not quarantining from her kids, in which case her kids need to be quarantining too

But if she hasn't been quarantining from her kids until now, what difference does it make?

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 12:45 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
But if she hasn't been quarantining from her kids until now, what difference does it make?

So you're right, they should really all be quarantining then and none of them can leave the house on Purim.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 1:16 pm
When we had Covid, the Ramapo health department told us that we were allowed to drive to medical appointments so driving itself is not an issue. People who don't have cars use taxis and possibly even busses to reach testing facilities and doctors, even though they are sick. They are not told to stay home and guess about the cause of illness so I am not sure how kosher that is but months ago, the quarantine laws for NYS allowed people to leave their house for that reason and only that reason and many NYers don't have cars.

Ask a Rav if you can fulfill the mitzvah of MM by giving within the family because sending your kids to people's doors might make them uncomfortable and if they get sick, they will blame you, even though you and your family are BH so far healthy.

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 1:31 pm
southernbubby wrote:
When we had Covid, the Ramapo health department told us that we were allowed to drive to medical appointments so driving itself is not an issue. People who don't have cars use taxis and possibly even busses to reach testing facilities and doctors, even though they are sick. They are not told to stay home and guess about the cause of illness so I am not sure how kosher that is but months ago, the quarantine laws for NYS allowed people to leave their house for that reason and only that reason and many NYers don't have cars.

Ask a Rav if you can fulfill the mitzvah of MM by giving within the family because sending your kids to people's doors might make them uncomfortable and if they get sick, they will blame you, even though you and your family are BH so far healthy.

You can send through a shaliach. Zelle a friend some money to buy the food she uses to make a package and deliver it to someone.

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 1:34 pm
In the US, it is very rare for a mother who was exposed to fully quarantine from her kids. Their friends and schools make their own decisions about that. But a car is a small space to be in for awhile. I'd likely have dad take them out (if that's possible) and leave things on people's doorsteps without knocking and with the family name on it clearly.

OP, how far into your quarantine are you?

southernbubby

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 2:24 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
You can send through a shaliach. Zelle a friend some money to buy the food she uses to make a package and deliver it to someone.

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 6:13 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
In the US, it is very rare for a mother who was exposed to fully quarantine from her kids. Their friends and schools make their own decisions about that. But a car is a small space to be in for awhile. I'd likely have dad take them out (if that's possible) and leave things on people's doorsteps without knocking and with the family name on it clearly.

OP, how far into your quarantine are you?

Will ask my husband to take them. Or they will only go nearby.
Thank you.

I was exposed Monday, maybe tues. So technically next tues I can come out of quarantine if I test negative
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics