Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Which Shuls are doing Megillah by Zoom, and when?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 6:37 pm
Please offer links.

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 7:39 pm
I wonder if shuls will do zoom megilla. I was told to rather read to myself than zoom.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 7:40 pm
YIBE (Boro Park) had the Megilla on Zoom at 6:30 pm today, and will have it tomorrow at 8:15 am, accessed on the Shul website, https://www.yibethel.org/

Any others?

professor

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 8:02 pm
Any others still? At 9? Please? My father has corona

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 9:08 pm
If you dont get any responses, theres this.

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 9:11 pm
There are posters here from all around the world. It's always a good idea to post your location when you have a question like this.
Happy Purim to all!

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 9:14 pm
We are also looking for a Zoom reading. We're on the east coast but it's already getting late, so I'm hoping there's a reading in a different time zone that would start maybe at 10 Eastern (7 Pacific)? Or just a late reading in eastern time still coming up tonight? Please respond with links asap if you know of one! Thank you, freilichen Purim!

amother
Red

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 9:24 pm
Please ask your rav if this is allowed.

I heard a shiur that said it doesn't count halachikly, and a woman should read the megillah for her husband (she could, but not a 12 yr old boy because it's a different level of chiyuv) rather than him be listen on zoom.

I did not ask a shailah because it's inapplicable to me, but I think anyone who is considering this should ask THEIR race whether they are yotzei that way

A freilichen purim!!

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 9:30 pm
For my husband it's going to be zoom tonight or nothing. Please share all leads/links.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 9:43 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
Please ask your rav if this is allowed.

I heard a shiur that said it doesn't count halachikly, and a woman should read the megillah for her husband (she could, but not a 12 yr old boy because it's a different level of chiyuv) rather than him be listen on zoom.

I did not ask a shailah because it's inapplicable to me, but I think anyone who is considering this should ask THEIR race whether they are yotzei that way

A freilichen purim!!

For Covid patients (and unfortunately there are many), its amazing.

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 10:25 pm
I don’t get why people don’t just read it to themselves if they can’t go out? Who decided zoom is better?

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 10:31 pm
One does not fulfill the mitzvah of hearing Megillah if listening over a phone or computer. Zoom does not allow you to fulfill the mitzvah hearing Megillah regardless of the situation.

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 10:35 pm
I’m going to summarize what I learnt from a shiur by my chabad rav:

For those in quarantine:
Reading from a kosher megilla by yourself is the best option even if you don’t know the trup.
If you are going to listen on zoom at the very least also say all the words while following along, even if you don’t have a megilla. Just reading from a chumash out loud is better than listening on zoom without saying it.
But listening while reading is better than reading alone. The reason is because listening to the correct pronunciation ensures you say the words correctly. If you mispronounce a word it’s a problem. Some words are more important to pronounce perfectly than others. There’s a list somewhere. Or you can just take care to pronounce every word properly.

I hope this helps.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 10:43 pm
our rov said if I can't attend, get kosher megilla & read it myself and my husband should correct me or he should read it and I correct him. apparently, if you aren't familiar with it, it isn't easy to read. (our rov said no zoom. I know some people have no choice)
BH He found a baal koreh to do a private reading for us. mi k'amcha yisroel!!

cnc

Post Fri, Feb 26 2021, 1:10 am
Was told the same. Only yotzei if read along from a kosher megillah.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics