Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Covid cough relief?!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 6:57 pm
Covid cough started Sunday or Monday and it's really getting to me it's not constant but often enough that it's wearing me out. It's started as a wet congested type cough and is now a dry body hacking one. Does anyone have any suggestions of anything I can take or do to get some relief??? I'm getting pretty desperate here it's keeping me up at night and I can't keep going like this...

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 7:08 pm
We found Vicks vaporub on chests to be very helpful.

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 7:27 pm
Dd just had COVID and we put a cold mist humidifier in her room which really helped with her cough.

fiji

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 9:02 pm
I took over the counter cough suppressant. Lots of tea and cough drops to soothe throat.

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 9:59 pm
Olbas oil rub on chest. Castor oil pack on chest. Sliced onions on bed when sleeping. Glutathione, olive leaf extract, whole food vitamin c, high dose melatonin, astragalus.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 10:42 pm
Dextro cough medicine if doctor okays if
What about honey? Honey candy? Honey tea?
What about some of the traditional medicinal teas (I think they might have a cough one) (Whole Foods might be able to deliver it to your house via Amazon prime)
Feel better!!!!!

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Feb 26 2021, 1:21 am
Mucinex is the best.

You want to loosen the mucus and bring it up, not keep it down. The sooner you get those lungs clear, the better.

If the mucus is green or dark yellow, get to the doctor ASAP and get on antibiotics before it turns into bronchitis or pneumonia.

ETA, doctors found that the people who survived best were those who slept on their stomach. I would lie face down on the sofa, with my face off of the side so I could get air. It was much easier to breathe that way, and it got my lungs clear a lot faster than if I'd been laying on my back.

If he can't sleep on his stomach, then have him sleep on his side, and turn from side to side a few times during the night.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 26 2021, 1:44 pm
Thanks everyone for your tips, really helpful!!

I also spoke to a Dr today who said it sounds like Bronchitis already and prescribed me some meds. Hopefully I'll be on the mend soon!

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, Feb 26 2021, 2:03 pm
Radishes, if your stomach is up to them.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sat, Feb 27 2021, 8:14 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
Radishes, if your stomach is up to them.

I heard grate black radish and put it in a container with honey. Take 1 tsp 3 x a day
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics