Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
What was your favorite MM and why?
1  2  Next

What criteria makes a good MM?
Healthy and delicious  
 54%  [ 43 ]
Cute and creative  
 13%  [ 11 ]
Homemade baked goods  
 18%  [ 15 ]
Store bought treats  
 12%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 79

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 26 2021, 5:17 pm
My fav was soups and salads. Something I can actually eat! Someone gave a butternut squash soup in a mason jar--I think she wins Smile

Second best was medium-sized kugels or challas I could serve for this shabbos.

amother
Burgundy

Post Fri, Feb 26 2021, 5:18 pm
Fruit shake

Chocolate

Didn't get but like salads

Covered nuts I enjoy

Cute things are akways cute

Ima Piano

Post Fri, Feb 26 2021, 5:31 pm
Definitely chocolate

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Feb 26 2021, 5:59 pm
Kosher LePesach chocolates and other nosh for Pesach

amother
Papaya

Post Sat, Feb 27 2021, 11:42 am
Last year I got a few mini homemade donuts and an iced coffee, from kids who'd dressed up as donuts Was my best!! Also, bec I remember coming home and feeling ravenous, and then they arrivedšŸ˜šŸ˜

Rappel

Post Sat, Feb 27 2021, 11:58 am
Most of the mishloach manot we got this year went on to our Shabbat table. It was very nice!

BadTichelDay

Post Sat, Feb 27 2021, 1:02 pm
This year's first prize:
An absolutely delicious, soft, fluffy, spicy homebaked challah with herbs-pesto-garlic on it from a family up the road. We had it for Shabbat evening. (I need that recipe!!!)

Second prize: A very good homemade yeast cake with an unusually good chocolate-cinnamon filling from the mother of one of dd's friends. Need to find out how that filling was made!

Third prize: A tub of homemade cream cheese with fresh herbs and garlic, forgot from whom. But it came with homebaked bread sticks and made a nice Purim morning nosh.

Nothing like homemade mm from neighbors who know how to cook/bake!

amother
Teal

Post Sat, Feb 27 2021, 3:16 pm
Lettuce salad topped with honey Dijon dressing, accompanied with tartly flavored salmon. Was fresh and heaven!

amother
Gray

Post Sat, Feb 27 2021, 7:09 pm
We dont care for homemade anything, no matter how nice or plentiful, so for us it was the generous nut and chocolate assortments, packed professionally.

watergirl

Post Sat, Feb 27 2021, 7:17 pm
I love my city. Every single mm we got was the same general idea. Chips/noshkies, zazas, and maaaaaaybe a can of coke, wrapped in those purim bags. Maybe a fruit. This year no one even baked... it was a refreshing and simple year. Nothing costly, nothing fancy, and now Iā€™m good on lunch and shabbos treats through pesach.

The thing I appreciated the most out of everything was the simple gesture that I was thought of.

amother
Green

Post Sat, Feb 27 2021, 7:38 pm
I appreciated the challahs, salads, kugels, and vegetable platters.
I do NOT appreciate the junk and sodas Sad
I have a love/hate relationship with the delicious home-baked goods and chocolate trifle mousse cups

corolla

Post Sat, Feb 27 2021, 7:44 pm
watergirl wrote:
I love my city. Every single mm we got was the same general idea. Chips/noshkies, zazas, and maaaaaaybe a can of coke, wrapped in those purim bags. Maybe a fruit. This year no one even baked... it was a refreshing and simple year. Nothing costly, nothing fancy, and now Iā€™m good on lunch and shabbos treats through pesach.

The thing I appreciated the most out of everything was the simple gesture that I was thought of.

Same!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sat, Feb 27 2021, 8:03 pm
Delicious homemade pickled vegetables and homemade bread sticks.
Yummy homemade medium challah and 2 full container dips.
All wrapped beautiful and from clean homes.

HeartyAppetite

Post Sat, Feb 27 2021, 8:33 pm
Homemade chocolate rugalach with iced coffee
good quality dairy chocolate.

amother
Copper

Post Sat, Feb 27 2021, 8:44 pm
Cured Meat and jerky charcuterie board

SuperWify

Post Sat, Feb 27 2021, 8:47 pm
Tricolored smoothie

Vegetable platter

amother
Seashell

Post Sat, Feb 27 2021, 9:05 pm
My DH is a professional cook with a hungarian generous touch, he works in a bakery/take out therefore we usually prepare something useful for MM. This year it was gala, - was very appreciated by all especailly that it was erev shabbos!!

Another year we did euro salad and sent the dressing and crackers separate so that it could be mixed just before serving by the receipient, we have done a small cheesecake, fresh challos etc.

I receive mainly junk and nosh, noone really eats it so I give it away to charities who collect food for needy.

amother
Salmon

Post Sat, Feb 27 2021, 9:07 pm
Received right before Shabbos - plastic 3 section container with dips and sautƩed eggplant.
Slice cheesecake and fresh coffee in the early morning from a neighbor.

ImmaBubby

Post Sat, Feb 27 2021, 9:47 pm
Any chocolate
Cheesecake

amother
Orchid

Post Sat, Feb 27 2021, 10:47 pm
My neighbor sends a soup and salad that is always appreciated. Another neighbor sent a salad that DH enjoyed. We didn't get a ton of MM this year between it being Friday and COVID, but we got a nice Challah, grape juice, and Hamantash package from a boss.

Hands down my favorite was the one with a small bottle of the Moscato flavored wine that just came out and a package of peanut chews. But the ice coffee and pastry (both prepackaged) was also a nice treat
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics