Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Did your dh get drunk purim?
1  2  Next

Did your husband get drunk?
Yes- very drunk  
 10%  [ 30 ]
He got high  
 23%  [ 67 ]
No he didnt get drunk  
 63%  [ 179 ]
Other  
 2%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 283

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 27 2021, 9:22 pm
If yes, what did they do while drunk that was out of character?

My dh got a little drunk. He had a headache and wasnt able to eat the friday night meal.

amother
Mustard

Post Sat, Feb 27 2021, 9:26 pm
...do you mean “high” like “on drugs”?
My husband had no time to get drunk or high this Purim since Purim was like an hour long this year Smile

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 27 2021, 9:28 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
...do you mean “high” like “on drugs”?
My husband had no time to get drunk or high this Purim since Purim was like an hour long this year Smile

High as in tipsy

amother
Gold

Post Sat, Feb 27 2021, 9:32 pm
He got very drunk for the first time since we've been married. I think it's because the seudah began much earlier because it was Friday, so he began drinking much earlier, with less food in his system and in less time than usual.
It was sad to see Sad
He was definitely yotzei ad delo yoda and said the Jews tried to kill us.
But later he was laying in the bathroom vomiting and other stuff and just it was a sad sight to see. I helped him shower and get into bed and ran the Friday night seudah myself.
It was purely a mistake and I can't imagine how anyone does this year after year on purpose.

Flowermum

Post Sat, Feb 27 2021, 9:38 pm
Mine was a cute shikur... it was fun! I enjoyed it very much. I think coz I had no expectations.. my fridge is packed with food coz hardly anyone ate!!!

amother
Mustard

Post Sat, Feb 27 2021, 9:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
High as in tipsy

Ah. It’s more commonly used when talking about marijuana, that’s why I was asking 🙃
Either way, no time this year!

amother
Teal

Post Sat, Feb 27 2021, 9:48 pm
My husband is naturally high on the simcha of Purim. LOL

(He doesn’t touch wine/alcohol.)

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 12:17 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
High as in tipsy

In America the term "high" refers to drugs, not alcohol.

silverlining3

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 12:42 am
My husband starts drinking only after all our mm delivery stops since we drive around before landing at our final place, that's from Purim aftrn. And gets tipsy, I love it. This year, when we stayed put all yt, he claims it didn't affect him. But I think a bit it did ha

Zehava

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 12:48 am
I’ve actually seen mote people drunk this year than usual for some reason.
Thankfully dh knows how to hold his liquor, doesn’t mix drinks, and has never vomited from alcohol.

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 12:52 am
My DH didn’t drink at all on Purim. Is this OK? Should I be concerned about his frumkeit and his taking mitzvos seriously?

Rappel

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 1:48 am
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
My DH didn’t drink at all on Purim. Is this OK? Should I be concerned about his frumkeit and his taking mitzvos seriously?

Lol. I think you're fine. Meforshim go 50-50 on whether we should be getting drunk at all on Purim.

DH drank a bottle of wine at the end of the day, when all the driving was done. He went to bed early on Shabbat, and that was the extent of it.

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 2:05 am
DH got drunk. It was a trial for us. We also hosted a meal (lunch time this year). BH the meal was great he was just fired up about everything and dancing etc he threw water on my brother for fun, told over something that had happened to him with way too many details...
He wanted to drink so I told him it would be an experiment this year. He drank and had fun, and he was still reliable etc until he crashed. The hard part was getting ready for shabbos on my own while he lay down but that wouldn’t happen other years...

Cheshire cat

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 2:07 am
Dh hung his head our of the taxicab we were in, puppylike, and shouted at every familiar face, we encountered, "Klein, I LOVE you!" "Friedman, I LOVE you!"
Later, he turned maudlin, and sobbed about various wrongs in the world, including coronavirus and soggy pickles.

groisamomma

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 2:18 am
Cheshire cat wrote:
Dh hung his head our of the taxicab we were in, puppylike, and shouted at every familiar face, we encountered, "Klein, I LOVE you!" "Friedman, I LOVE you!"
Later, he turned maudlin, and sobbed about various wrongs in the world, including coronavirus and soggy pickles.

This is funny!

Dh can't get drunk because he gets nauseous and sick long before he'd get drunk. Instead, he's yotzei another lesser-known mitzva of napping on Purim. Smile

Iymnok

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 2:27 am
This is the first year that DH was a happy drunk with no hangover. He also gets sick before drunk, but a few years ago someone suggested mixing dry red wine with diet sprite. It helps immensely. BH everything worked out well. He said the Erev Shabbos mikva cleared his head a little and the walk to the shalom Zachor helped too.

imasinger

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 6:25 am
My DH didn't drink at all this year (he usually has 1-2 glasses of wine, then stops). He needed a clear head because we nabbed him a vaccine slot. Not the easiest day to work with, but they're hard to come by where we live.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 6:46 am
What did he do different? He didn’t bathe the kids this week. I did for the first time in months (I’m PP) I think he deserved a break one week and I’m grateful for all the time that he does it 😊

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 7:12 am
Not drunk totally because he knows when to stop. At that point he gets kind of forgetful and starts asking me the same questions over and over like every ten minutes. He walks around outside a bit and his head clears and he's almost back to normal. He can be relied on for basic things at that point but he's very tired. I was afraid he'd sleep through licht bentchen till morning but he got right up out of bed instead and we had a normal shabbos.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 7:25 am
He got very very high and merry and then slept from 5pm Friday noon til 3am Friday night when he woke me up to tell me how sick he was, he kvetched for bout an hour, then slept til 10am. Then slept again from 3pm til 6pm.

I basically ran Friday night and Shabbos myself and today I went to Jerusalem ,with myself and the kids and enjoyed myself with my sisters!!! (Because my kids don't kvetch outside the house😝😝)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics