Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Classic mishloach manos

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 26 2021, 12:39 pm
While fresh in everyone's mind can you please recommend classic and inexpensive mishloach manos . Something you could see yourself giving each year if you don't want to re-invent the wheel each year.

Also a recommendation for something to give teachers and those we want to show hakoras hatov to particularly that LOOKS impressive and substantial but actually doesn't cost that much.

Mostly looking for recommendations with packaged foods since they are easier and IMO more certainty that people will use them. (Or possibly repackaging some time of candy or chocolate). But not interested in including homebaked goods.

Also something non perishable that can be packed well in advance.

Hope to get lots of good ideas here!

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Feb 26 2021, 12:49 pm
In a shallow basket: stand a bottle of wine/grape juice (mini is fine) and a package of water rolls in the 2 back corners. Lean a bar of decent kosher lepesach chocolate in front of them. Wrap nicely with cellophane.

amother
Rose

Post Fri, Feb 26 2021, 12:50 pm
Somebody gave us a little tin with chocolate liqueur and individually wrapped chocolates. Yum! The chocolates were KLP so they're being set aside. The liqueur we had with dessert at the seudah.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 12:00 am
I’ve made liquor
Give it in small bottles with chocolates

cbsp

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 12:04 am
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
I’ve made liquor
Give it in small bottles with chocolates

I wanted to do this but couldn't find leak-proof small (2-4oz) bottles. Where did you purchase yours?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 12:32 am
Much too ambitious for me. Looking for very simple store bought inexpensive but packaged in a way that looks impressive/ substantial.

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 12:35 am
2 ozney haman challes (triangular challes)
self made humus
minibottle of grape juice.
SHABBOS TO GO

it was very vey appreciated and yumm

grissini with olives and italian cheese and a small bottle of moscat wine wrapped inan italian flag....also delicious

tuna sandwich and tin of coke wrapped as sold in fast food store

granola, yoghurt, icecoffee, freshly sueezed orange juice_: brakfast: healthy and a yummy start to the day

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 4:27 am
made in advance and no need for refrigeration
fancy gold wine bottle bag with drink inside can be wine, or any other drink that fits with fancy gold small bag filled with candy draped on neck
label
voila! can be inexpensive-- elegant easy and fulfills the mitzvah

amother
White

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 4:41 am
I got some very pretty mishliach manos that we oohed about how pretty it was. But I would never give it bec I give real food.

Example: square plastic box (very cheap thin type but pretty) rectangle thin box inside with line of large colored gum balls that fit perfectly. Thin shmerling chocolate. And a square cellphone bag of repackaged caramel popcorn.
The whole pkg was beautiful.

I give Morahs every year reg size grape juice and good quality pesach choc bar in cellophane bag.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 4:55 am
I got flat box with heart shapes cookies. Half was dipped in choco & nut brittle down the middle with small liquor. Satin ribbon around center of box, tied into a bow.

Also got 5 slices biscotti with different toppings in a flat box with dividers.

Got glass thin cylinder vase filled with layered choco balls, black & white & then mini choco with nonparels. A rubber single rose coming out of vase. A tag atttached to stem, reading Flowers lkovod shabbos.

Got large sparkling grape juice with iced cookie like a tag tied with ribbon around neck of bottle reading, simchas purim from family x.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 5:01 am
Got one muffin topped with meringue cookie with gold initial, caramel popcorn, mini snow kiss & twirl of cream. Displayed in a nice clear box with handle. Put netting & black feather inside box for decoration with small liquor.

amother
White

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 5:18 am
https://estherodesign.com/blog.....esign
Esther O. Has really creative ideas. Like packaging soup verv classy or açaí bowls or salads.

keym

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 6:54 am
If you go for real food, I've gotten a square box with a package of Melba toast, a 2 oz guacamole and a 2 oz chummus, and some grape tomatoes.
Also a plastic box (takeout style.). A nice napkin, 1 bagel, single serving of butter or cream cheese, grape tomatoes and a mini orange juice.

If you're ok with more nosht, the classic I've gotten is a box of mini wafer rolls or individually wrapped danish with mini grape juice or boxed iced cappuccino.
Packaged in half-size mesh or paper wine bags.
These are great because they're shelf stable and can be packaged a few days in advance.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 8:52 am
cbsp wrote:
I wanted to do this but couldn't find leak-proof small (2-4oz) bottles. Where did you purchase yours?

Amazon

cbsp

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 10:37 am
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
Amazon

Yes, I looked there. Nothing that I found that was food grade also said leak proof.

Do you have a link?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics