Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
How to stop dirty diapers in the middle of the night?!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 8:15 am
Any tips? My baby just turned 1!
It’s not every night, but sometimes there will a bunch of nights in a row Sad
I’m going crazy because he’s been sleep trained and night weaned but not anymore because I have to always check just in case and once he sees me he’ll freak out if I don’t nurse him....

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 8:17 am
Have DH go in to check on him at night. No milk from tatty!

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 8:26 am
Change the feeding schedule.

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 8:47 am
You are checking him when he's sleeping or he is waking up from the dirty diaper? Maybe I'm a neglectful mother but if my kids are sleeping I wouldn't wake them up for a dirty diaper

jfk92

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 8:56 am
Happened w my boy that age. I changed his feeding schedule and added probiotic. Made a difference. Same thing, with him freaking out when he saw me if he woke when I changed him, and he was already sleep trained so I really understand you.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 9:06 am
Sounds like something is not right with his digestion . Are he poops normal looking? I second the idea to try a probiotic. And if the poops are too mushy loose, you might have to cut something out of his diet

jfk92

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 9:09 am
Ps pro tip - when I put him to sleep, I put 2 diapers on him, just in case I needed to change him in the middle of the night. Id come in during a deeper sleep cycle, warm the wipes, make sure the cream wasnt cold, and then it didnt wake him. It was a tricky/risky game, but might jelp you out till things regulate.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 9:24 am
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
You are checking him when he's sleeping or he is waking up from the dirty diaper? Maybe I'm a neglectful mother but if my kids are sleeping I wouldn't wake them up for a dirty diaper

Only checking because he’s waking up and crying. I would never wake a sleeping baby Wink

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 9:26 am
jfk92 wrote:
Happened w my boy that age. I changed his feeding schedule and added probiotic. Made a difference. Same thing, with him freaking out when he saw me if he woke when I changed him, and he was already sleep trained so I really understand you.

Poops are usually normal but I guess I can try a probiotic. What do u mean when u say u changed the feeding schedule?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics