Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Dd lost keys now what? advice needed

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 9:37 am
I worked late on wed so dd took the house keys. she had it in her coat pocket that has no zipper because she has no zippered pockets.

she realized on Shabbos that she lost the keys as they were not in her pocket anymore.

Now do I have to get new house locks to be safe? we went out Friday and friday night(to many places) so we did check in some places but its impossible to know where we walked and where it may have fallen out. it was deep in the pocket, so I dont even know how it could have fallen out.

some ppl say do rabbi meir bal haneis, is this a guarantee that ill find it?

also, where is the tzedaka fof rabbi meir bal haneis, I have no phone numbe or???

I also wanted to know for the future, do ppl buy "bracelets" for their kids to take the keys, what do you do?

tia

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 9:39 am
If there was no identifying information on the keys then you usually do not have to change the locks.

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 9:39 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I worked late on wed so dd took the house keys. she had it in her coat pocket that has no zipper because she has no zippered pockets.

she realized on Shabbos that she lost the keys as they were not in her pocket anymore.

Now do I have to get new house locks to be safe? we went out Friday and friday night(to many places) so we did check in some places but its impossible to know where we walked and where it may have fallen out. it was deep in the pocket, so I dont even know how it could have fallen out.

some ppl say do rabbi meir bal haneis, is this a guarantee that ill find it?

also, where is the tzedaka fof rabbi meir bal haneis, I have no phone numbe or???

I also wanted to know for the future, do ppl buy "bracelets" for their kids to take the keys, what do you do?

tia

You only need to change locks if your address was on the keychain, and that’s unlikely?

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 9:43 am
Nothing in yidishkeit is a guarantee !! Except for ratzon Hashem, which we don’t know.
R’ meir Bal Hanes is a segula. That is all.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 11:40 am
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
Nothing in yidishkeit is a guarantee !! Except for ratzon Hashem, which we don’t know.
R’ meir Bal Hanes is a segula. That is all.

this is what I thought ...I know ppl who did segulas to have children which didnt work...so ...

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 11:44 am
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
You only need to change locks if your address was on the keychain, and that’s unlikely?

so im not sure because at one point I had this spare set and did write the address because my dd was young so nobody used it, and I wanted to remember what it was keys to.

I dont remember if I took off the address which is not smart. my dd says it wasnt on the key ring, but I cant rely on what she says.

thanks to everyone who replied...

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 11:46 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
so im not sure because at one point I had this spare set and did write the address because my dd was young so nobody used it, and I wanted to remember what it was keys to.

I dont remember if I took off the address which is not smart. my dd says it wasnt on the key ring, but I cant rely on what she says.

thanks to everyone who replied...

You do need to change the locks. If you call a real locksmith they can leave the door handles and just re-key. Do it today if possible.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 11:51 am
There is no harm in putting Tzedakah in the Pushka and saying Amar Rav Binyomin, Hakol Bichezkas Sumin, Ad She'Bah Hakadosh Baruch Hu, U'Meir Es Eyneihem. 3x.

Call the locksmith at the same time. They are not mutually exclusive.

Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics