Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Tell me about Frum Accounting Programs

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 27 2021, 11:23 pm
Hi, I have a twelth grader and she would like to become an account. Looking for a frum program.

I would like to hear from people who have hired graduates and also those who have gone through nthe program.

Those who have hired, do these seem professional? Do you see a difference? Any you prefer to hire through?

Those who went through the program, was it worthwhile? How fast did you finish
Are they flexible? Can you work outside the frum community? Tell me your thoughts.

I've heard about TTi, BTI, Cope. Anywhere else?

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 7:21 am
People seem to be pretty happy with the Touro program, seems to have good job outcomes as well.

doctorima

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 9:13 am
Another vote for Touro. I have a close relative who went there several years ago and was quite happy with the education and job outcomes.

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 9:28 am
COPE has an excellent program and it's faster than Touro. I know many women who graduated from there.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 9:42 am
I should have specified that we are in Lakewood and I'm specifically looking for a Lakewood program. Ltoeles Harabbim please post any and all, but please include location.

Also, please let everyone know if the program can transfer to other cities or EY or if the girl is stuck until she finishes.

Thank you all!!

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 10:02 am
PCS has the best program. It's a masters degree given through Fairleigh Dickinson. BTI is relatively new and it's a bachelor's degree. TTI is only online.

I know women who work as accountants, but you're better off talking to people IRL.

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 12:39 pm
PCS program in lkwd my husband did - you get a masters within 18 months. (he still working on getting cpa) Was happy with program, they are very helpful with job placement as well. Apparently TTI does the Bachelors program for much cheaper in less time -and you can still get your cpa with just a bachelors. so that might be a route to try, it wasn't avail when dh did it. but on hindsight wouldve rathered do the bachelors for that reason.

pg

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 12:50 pm
FDU has a separate program run by the Agudah. Classes are now online but before the pandemic it was in NJ. It’s a master’s in accounting and my husband was done in 15 months. If you need contact info let me know

tree of life

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 1:07 pm
pg wrote:
FDU has a separate program run by the Agudah. Classes are now online but before the pandemic it was in NJ. It’s a master’s in accounting and my husband was done in 15 months. If you need contact info let me know

Hi please can I have the information thanks

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 1:11 pm
Happy birthday wrote:

Me too!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 1:12 pm
Happy birthday wrote:

Me too!

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 1:12 pm
PCS /agudah/ farleigh dikinson is all referring to the same program which had separate classes in the monsey area and Lakewood area. Keep in mind that it’s a fast track program and the goal is to just get your credits and get out. Make sure your daughter can keep up with that kind of setup. I am an accountant and work with lots of FDU graduates and many don’t have the concepts clear because they just do it so fast. They end up learning on the job but you cannot compare their knowledge to those who come from other programs. I am not bashing them but it’s not a fit for everyone and for some doing a longer online or onsite program is the answer

Mommyg8

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 1:13 pm
Call PCS (Lakewood) for more information on the Fairleigh Dickinson's master's program.They are the ones that set it up and run it. There is a similar program in Monsey, for those who are looking in that area, but I don't have the contact info.

pg

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 7:59 pm
Sorry for the late response. The contact info is yocheved@nj.pcsjobs.org

pg

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 8:08 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
PCS /agudah/ farleigh dikinson is all referring to the same program which had separate classes in the monsey area and Lakewood area. Keep in mind that it’s a fast track program and the goal is to just get your credits and get out. Make sure your daughter can keep up with that kind of setup. I am an accountant and work with lots of FDU graduates and many don’t have the concepts clear because they just do it so fast. They end up learning on the job but you cannot compare their knowledge to those who come from other programs. I am not bashing them but it’s not a fit for everyone and for some doing a longer online or onsite program is the answer

And regarding your claim that their education is just to get credits. The AICPA awards the Elijah Watt Sells Award to CPA candidates who pass all 4 sections with a 95 on their first attempt. In 2019, 133 out 75,000 candidates in the US were awarded. Two of them were graduates of this program. Four awardees were from New Jersey - two of them are from this program.

Doubt you’ll find any other more reliable statistics than this....

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 9:01 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:

So who do you recommend?

finprof

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 9:14 pm
I don't teach in any of the programs mentioned but I have taught in accelerated MBA/ CPA programs in the past and I understand Smokey's concerns. These types of programs do serve their purpose and can be designed to comply with AACSB criteria. The issue is that the reduced time frame does not allow students to fully digest the material in the same manner as a full program. There are not the same number or level of practical application exercises because there isn't time, nor are there the standard experiential learning components. They focus purely on the stated learning outcomes in their most basic form to ensure that students have the minimum knowledge necessary to pass the tests.

Edited to add that there are obviously smart people who will be able to study and pass the tests even without these programs, but need the proof of credits to sit the CPA- for them, and other exceptional students (or test takers) these programs are excellent. I continue to teach in these programs because I do see positive outcomes in some students, but I would caution anyone to go into this with your eyes wide open.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics