Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Funniest/cutest/creative/original costumes- please share
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 27 2021, 11:56 pm
Of What you saw this Purim?

Thanks Smile

shanie5

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 12:13 am
A newlywed couple. He had a 'bandage' around his head. She had leaves in her shaitel. Their MM was in a little pail. They were Jack & Jill.

shanie5

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 12:13 am
4 siblings dressed as the 4 mitzvos of purim.

momof2+?

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 12:16 am
A boy in my 4 yr old’s Class was wearing a plaid shirt and an old fashioned zeidy cap. He said he was dressed as an immigrant. He probably doesn’t even know what the word means 😂

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 12:18 am
A couple dressed as syringes. They were dose 1 and dose 2 of the vaccine.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 2:01 am
Kid with a shaitel head on each shoulder and he was a “דריי קאפ

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 6:59 am
A boy in a wheelchair dressed as a sailor with his wheelchair made into a huge boat. Adorable, and the boy was clearly delighted. His dad let people take pics but I didn't get permission to post.
Last year his costume was a train engineer in a train.

dankbar

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 10:45 am
A fruit clan, tree & gardener

dankbar

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 10:46 am
A house with a bunch of kids peeking out the windows

bigsis144

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 11:15 am
My boys were Calvin (red and black striped tshirt, spiky blonde wig) and Hobbes (tiger one-piece coverall).

My daughter has the exact haircut that Susie Derkins from the comic has, so she wore overalls and carried a stuffed bunny.

Because my kids are totally these characters all year long - my boys are intelligent and philosophical and have excellent vocabularies and also super ADHD and anti-authority and wild...

tigerwife

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 11:24 am
bigsis144 wrote:
My boys were Calvin (red and black striped tshirt, spiky blonde wig) and Hobbes (tiger one-piece coverall).

My daughter has the exact haircut that Susie Derkins from the comic has, so she wore overalls and carried a stuffed bunny.

Because my kids are totally these characters all year long - my boys are intelligent and philosophical and have excellent vocabularies and also super ADHD and anti-authority and wild...

Haha I love this! Wish I can see a real photo!

Iymnok

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 11:37 am
DD was a fruit basket. The handle held it up over her shoulder. I used a hoop from a hoop skirt to give it shape.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 2:58 pm
Thanks everyone! Imagining these costumes had me smiling 😊
I did not go out this Purim so other than 1 clown who brought m’m and 1 boy that came by for tzedakah, I did not see anyone...

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 2:59 pm
Iymnok wrote:
DD was a fruit basket. The handle held it up over her shoulder. I used a hoop from a hoop skirt to give it shape.

So creative Smile

Iymnok

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 3:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So creative Smile

She will only wear a costume that absolutely no one else in her school will wear. She has been a ceiling fan, she has worn a dress with hoops to make it large enough to not get through the door and a palm tree.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 3:43 pm
shanie5 wrote:
A newlywed couple. He had a 'bandage' around his head. She had leaves in her shaitel. Their MM was in a little pail. They were Jack & Jill.

I don't understand. Please explain.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 3:45 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
I don't understand. Please explain.

Hack and Jill went up a hill to fetch a pail of water
Jack fell down and broke his crown,
And jill came tumbling after.

But that costume is missing the second verse.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 3:51 pm
My grandson has been obsessed since his shul celebrated their new Torah, so my grandchildren went as hachnassas sefer torah trucks. The youngest had a sefer Torah costume but refused to wear it.

honey36

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 3:53 pm
The circle children's magazine had an adorable contest where the kids had to "dress up" the magazines cover characters- a boy and girl. Some of the entries were amazing!

Some of my favorites-
The girls wearing a havdalah candle dress- beautiful braided out of real colorful yarn and boy was besamim- tin foil with besamim glued on.

The queen with cotton balls for hair and a english guard

Girl was har sinai- again beautiful dress with flower stickers and crown and boy was a sefer torah

I don't know how to post pics but if someone else could its so fun to look at all the entries. (I was literally staring at the pages for hours on Shabbos)

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 4:06 pm
[quote="amother [ Lemon ]"]A couple dressed as syringes. They were dose 1 and dose 2 of the vaccine.[/quote

Lol. Dose in Hebrew is a manah (portion), so there was a funny joke going around that pfeizer are adhering to the laws of MM, 2 manot to 1 person.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics