Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
7yo son obsessed with body parts

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 3:17 am
My 7yo son seems obsessed with female body parts. He often tries to touch mine or his teenage sisters. I don’t remember my 13yo son going through this stage. Is this something I should worry about or will it pass? I find it really horrible and although I’ve spoken to him about not touching anyone without permission, it seems like that’s too much for him. What can I expect at this age?

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 7:13 am
“Darling, we need to remember to give everyone’s bodies some space. I love when you hug me, but I don’t like when you touch some parts of my body, and neither does Sister or Morah.”

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 7:47 am
Does he show any signs of ADD?

It may be a lack of impulse control. You can tell him not to all day long, but when he has the urge to do it, he won't be able to stop himself and think about what you said.

Chickensoupprof

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 11:49 am
I'm not a fan of diagnosing a child immediately but this is normal. I had plenty of children in a class who wanted to touch my breasts at that age. Keep repeating ''no'' and why, and if he continues he need to sit 5 minutes on the stairs or something. It's sometimes just so curiousity and it feels nice sometimes. ''These are breasts when mommy has a baby the baby drinks milk from this, you can't touch this part of the body. When your sisters are getting married the baby will drink for them... we don't touch your sisters''

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 3:54 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Does he show any signs of ADD?

It may be a lack of impulse control. You can tell him not to all day long, but when he has the urge to do it, he won't be able to stop himself and think about what you said.

Interestingly he does show signs of it at home (during lockdown it was torture getting him to concentrate for more than a few minutes at a time) but school have never said anything.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 4:44 pm
ADHD-like symptoms are common in neurotypical children who have experienced trauma, including a global pandemic.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children