Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
The ranch at bethel
Previous  1  2

amother
Salmon

Post Sat, Oct 17 2020, 7:59 pm
cnc wrote:
Unfortunately 15,000 a month is not expensive for a residential rehabilitation program. There are state run facilities that will a will accept Medicaid, but other than that facilities are usually private pay.

I would also be curious to hear who runs the program as I don’t know of any licensed therapists that are on staff/ grounds .

$15,000 a month is not expensive if you're private paying. Most facilities accept private insurance so as long as you're not on Medicaid, your stay will be covered.

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 6:16 pm
Could someone pm me with rec’s for these ‘other places’ several people mentioned in the thread? For a frum 22y/o girl dealing with severe anxiety and ptsd from abusive father...
Thanks

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 6:22 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
Could someone pm me with rec’s for these ‘other places’ several people mentioned in the thread? For a frum 22y/o girl dealing with severe anxiety and ptsd from abusive father...
Thanks

You can email me at mouseanon2016@gmail.com

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 6:27 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
$15,000 a month is not expensive if you're private paying. Most facilities accept private insurance so as long as you're not on Medicaid, your stay will be covered.

$15,000 is expensive if its not covering the salaries of therapists.

sari00

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 6:44 pm
Look into Kosher unit 4 North at Cornell Westchester... excellent excellent care very good staff and knowledgeable in Jewish issues...
Call Relief immediately they'll be able to guide you in getting insurance, doctors and help within the community....

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 6:48 pm
Relief can take up to 2 weeks to return a call.
If you are looking for a long term inpatient facility Ezzy Finkel can help. Westchester 4 north is a hospital short term for up to a month
Avi mendelowitz can help with hospitals

sari00

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 6:48 pm
Relief Resources
(718) 431-9501

jewish girl

Post Sat, Feb 06 2021, 9:38 am
Rappel wrote:
I know someone who worked there two years ago, and it sounded amazing then. Rabbi Wallerstein also has an amazing track record of truly caring about people, and saving lives.

I was there for a long time and it is not a place to go if you need your life saved

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 12:39 pm
jewish girl wrote:
I was there for a long time and it is not a place to go if you need your life saved

What is a good place to go? Have friend with daughter who is struggling. Being released from Westchester tomorrow and going to The Ranch. Is this a mistake? Can anyone recommend something better?

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 4:59 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
What is a good place to go? Have friend with daughter who is struggling. Being released from Westchester tomorrow and going to The Ranch. Is this a mistake? Can anyone recommend something better?

It's probably not the greatest idea. What is she struggling with? I can give you recommendations based on that.

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 6:23 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:

What are her specific issues?

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 9:11 pm
amother Salmon wrote:
This is an exact quote from my friend who was there recently. Please please please keep this in mind. Mental health is pikuach nefesh just like physical health:

Hi I spent quite some time there. I was struggling plenty and admitted full of hope that this would be the place that can help me, after all they promised the world. Funny that I actually thought I was going to get treatment there, when I was there they did not even have a licensed therapist!! The director is only trained in ABA so she doesnt know how to deal with many mental health issues which is what most of us came in with. If you want a place that will not stop preaching and try to force you to be religious, this is the place for you, the rabbi takes pride in the fact that he puts religion above mental health, his pride and joy is his kosher kitchen and shabbos staff who were girls my age that had absolutely no idea what they were doing. The ranch is yet another one of wallersteins ego boosters, one that is robbing innocent people of their money while they can be using that to pay for treatment that actually helps.
To prove my point, every single girl I was there with landed in the hospital less than 2 weeks after they got home. If your looking for someplace to help with mental health, look elsewhere, this is not the place.

I know its an old post

Curious who was the.director then
Does her name start with an n?

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 10:10 pm
amother Denim wrote:
I know its an old post

Curious who was the.director then
Does her name start with an n?

Yes it was the same director initials N.S (or E)

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 10:53 pm
Is it possible that things have changed, the rabbi sont there anymore
As far as I know the director isn't Jewish so she might not care about the religion part.

I heard that at their pesach program they have also non Jewish stuff so the girls who don't want to participate in the Jewish programs, meals, classes etc, they have where to hang out

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 5:34 am
amother Denim wrote:
Is it possible that things have changed, the rabbi sont there anymore
As far as I know the director isn't Jewish so she might not care about the religion part.

I heard that at their pesach program they have also non Jewish stuff so the girls who don't want to participate in the Jewish programs, meals, classes etc, they have where to hang out

Hi, it is possible that things have changed and I'm sure they did but the question is what are you hoping to get from being there? The religious part is the least of the problems unless you are looking for a group home or a place to live in general, fine. If you are looking for a treatment center, this is not it!! Jewish or not, religious or not, I would never recommend the ranch as treatment.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics