Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Your number one pesach recipe
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

flowergirl8

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 7:30 pm
It looks like I'll be making pesach for the first time. I have no recipes and am trying not to panic. Please do a huge mitzvah and help

Can you post your number 1 pesach recipe? Not 3 or 4. Just the number 1 that you can't have pesach without, that guests love.

If even a handful of people post, I'll get enough recipes to at least get a start.

Thank you so much

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 7:32 pm
Baking?
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....80938

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 7:33 pm
I suggest you buy one cookbook. A taste of pesach. Come back and tell us what you made and enjoyed. Most foods you can make kosher lpesach.

flowergirl8

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 7:34 pm
Wow thanks ra mom!

tweety1

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 7:35 pm
We don't eat gebrokt, but we love knaidlach. So one of the first things I make is knaidlach. My exact recipe is in my pesach kitchen but it's basically dark ground chicken, mashed potatoes, eggs, and salt. Cooked in water. It's delicious! I also make a delicious Italian ices without eggs.

Frumme

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 7:36 pm
Blend one pineapple and 1-3 jalapenos (to taste). Spread over salmon fillet. Scatter sliced red onion and sprinkle salt over the top. Bake 15-20 min @ 375

(Also I know you said only one recipe but I have to say, the Bas Hinda chocolate torte on Imamother is amazing)

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 7:36 pm
I made Pesach last year for the first time and had no recipes either. Most YT food is not chametz- think roast, potato kugel, roasted vegetables, chicken soup.

My favorite "pesach recipe" is potato chip schnitzel.
Crush potato chips. Dip schnitzel in mayo and mustard. Press firmly into crushed chips. Bake on 425 for 20 min. Easy and kid friendly.

Frumme

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 7:37 pm
tweety1 wrote:
We don't eat gebrokt, but we love knaidlach. So one of the first things I make is knaidlach. My exact recipe is in my pesach kitchen but it's basically dark ground chicken, mashed potatoes, eggs, and salt. Cooked in water. It's delicious! I also make a delicious Italian ices without eggs.

IIRC, the ratio for chicken "matzah" balls is 1 lb ground chicken, 1 boiled potato, two eggs, spices to taste

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 7:43 pm
There are great threads here.
Last year I made delicious minute steak and tongue that I found here on ima.

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 7:44 pm
Yapchik:
Line the bottom of a pan with boneless flanken. Pour potato kugel batter on top. Bake however you cook your usual potato kugel.

Seriously the yummiest thing in the world! We look forward to Pesach for this. I make this instead of cholent.

TravelHearter

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 7:51 pm
Frumme wrote:
(Also I know you said only one recipe but I have to say, the Bas Hinda chocolate torte on Imamother is amazing)

I think this is it. Literally so amazing my husband has asked me to make this during the year as well. I made it with a HEAVEN ice cream and almond crunch on top, let me know if you want those recipes. This recipe is also not technically for pesach only since it doesn’t have those classic pesach ingredients and can really be used year round.

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 7:52 pm
best dessert:

melt baking chocolate (we do in the microwave). Mix in crasins and almonds. Spread on a cookie sheet and freeze till solid. Break into pieces. Store in fridge and enjoy.

meat: https://www.kosher.com/recipe/.....-8930

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 8:01 pm
This is a really delicious scalloped potato recipe!

https://I.imgur.com/S6BudVN.jpg

hello 1

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 8:02 pm
TravelHearter wrote:
I think this is it. Literally so amazing my husband has asked me to make this during the year as well. I made it with a HEAVEN ice cream and almond crunch on top, let me know if you want those recipes. This recipe is also not technically for pesach only since it doesn’t have those classic pesach ingredients and can really be used year round.

I would love the ice cream with crunch recipe if you can post - thank you!

TravelHearter

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 8:06 pm
hello 1 wrote:
I would love the ice cream with crunch recipe if you can post - thank you!

I took the cake I posted above and heated it in little round individual pans (basically makeshift ramekins) and I added the ice cream and crunch on top. It was basically chocolate soufflé with ice cream:)
I think it was in last year’s Family First

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 8:20 pm
Gebrochs ok?

The cc pudding cookies here are a big hit.

flowergirl8

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 8:22 pm
You are all helping me so much, I appreciate it more than you know!
Keep em coming!

imasinger

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 8:34 pm
How do we pick a #1, when meals have mains, sides, desserts?

Here are my easiest favorites:

#1 main - almond flour schnitzel
#1 side - roasted vegetables (onion, squash, sweet potato, radish, zucchini, pepper, mushroom)
#1 all-in-one - spaghetti squash with meatballs
#1 dessert - chocolate cinnamon almond drops

hello 1

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 8:37 pm
I have a delicious cream of chicken soup that my family waits for all year.
Can post if you want.

hello 1

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 8:39 pm
TravelHearter wrote:
I took the cake I posted above and heated it in little round individual pans (basically makeshift ramekins) and I added the ice cream and crunch on top. It was basically chocolate soufflé with ice cream:)
I think it was in last year’s Family First

Thank you! Looks absolutely delicious!
Page 1 of 7   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics