Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Which expert mechanech can I call?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 9:49 am
I have a sensitive chinuch question about a child who is lying and I would like to speak to an expert mechanech for advice, but I don't know who to call. Does anyone have a recommendation and contact info for someone who would be helpful and available for such a discussion? Thanks in advance!

Chayalle

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 10:02 am
I just want to say, depending on the age of the child, my MIL A"H (who taught Pre-1-A in a well-known Brooklyn school for many years) used to say that lying is very normal in the early years. later on, is more of an issue.

Mrs. Leah Trenk in Lakewood is an amazing mechaneches and someone I've consulted over the years on chinuch and behavior issues and questions. I have loved every response she has ever given me. (Just Love Them!)

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 11:58 am
Chayalle wrote:
I just want to say, depending on the age of the child, my MIL A"H (who taught Pre-1-A in a well-known Brooklyn school for many years) used to say that lying is very normal in the early years. later on, is more of an issue.

Mrs. Leah Trenk in Lakewood is an amazing mechaneches and someone I've consulted over the years on chinuch and behavior issues and questions. I have loved every response she has ever given me. (Just Love Them!)

Thank you for replying! Is it the type that anyone can just call up and ask her a chinuch question (without having a prior relationship)? Could you please share her phone number?

Would love if anyone else has other suggestions too.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 12:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you for replying! Is it the type that anyone can just call up and ask her a chinuch question (without having a prior relationship)? Could you please share her phone number?

Would love if anyone else has other suggestions too.

I'm not sure. I did take her parenting classes years ago. Also it could be there would be a charge for something that is an extended conversation, especially with no prior relationship.

Crookshanks

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 2:07 pm
Rabbi Katzenstein in Lakewood. I don't have his number, you can look it up.

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 2:08 pm
Deleted name.

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 2:25 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
If you're chassidish you can call Esther Nissel Kraus.

She has a very distinct mehalach, which does not resonate with our chasidish lifestyle.

Every mechanech has a different shnit. You need to know if she understands your mehalach.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 2:27 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I'm not sure. I did take her parenting classes years ago. Also it could be there would be a charge for something that is an extended conversation, especially with no prior relationship.

Could you share her phone number please? I couldn't find it through Google.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 2:29 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
Rabbi Katzenstein in Lakewood. I don't have his number, you can look it up.

Thanks for your reply! Not having much luck looking up "katzenstein lakewood" on Google but thanks anyways

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 2:30 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
If you're chassidish you can call Esther Nissel Kraus.

Not chassidish but thank you anyways for your reply.

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 2:34 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
She has a very distinct mehalach, which does not resonate with our chasidish lifestyle.

Every mechanech has a different shnit. You need to know if she understands your mehalach.

With your chassidish lifestyle? What does that mean. Yes, every person has their own mehalach. You need to make sure who you call is on the same mehalach as you. She's very helpful IMO even when I don't always agree I become smarter.

Crookshanks

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 2:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for your reply! Not having much luck looking up "katzenstein lakewood" on Google but thanks anyways

Smartlist or phone book

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 2:57 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
Smartlist or phone book

I don't live in Lakewood, but even if I did have access to a phone book, I have a feeling there would be a very long list of 'Katzensteins'. I appreciate you taking the time to respond, but putting vague info out there with an unreasonable assumption that people will know who you're talking about is frustrating for the people that you're trying to help.

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 2:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I don't live in Lakewood, but even if I did have access to a phone book, I have a feeling there would be a very long list of 'Katzensteins'. I appreciate you taking the time to respond, but putting vague info out there with an unreasonable assumption that people will know who you're talking about is frustrating for the people that you're trying to help.

You can start a new post asking for his number. If he is well known people will know the number.

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 3:01 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
With your chassidish lifestyle? What does that mean. Yes, every person has their own mehalach. You need to make sure who you call is on the same mehalach as you. She's very helpful IMO even when I don't always agree I become smarter.

She is very old school.

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 3:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

op I was just about to say this.
I see on ima SO may times people say "dont have #, look it up" like how is that helpful at all...

wish I lived in lakewood to help u find his number...

Crookshanks

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 3:05 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Whew! I'm just trying to help. You can look up any community if you have the smartlist app on your phone. I don't feel comfortable posting a private person's number, but I just looked up Katzenstein on my phone, and there is only one listed as Rabbi (there are only 4 altogether. How common of a name do you think this is anyway?). You can pm me if you'd like for his number.

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 3:11 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
She is very old school.

Yes and very simple but she really understands children.

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 3:13 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
Yes and very simple but she really understands children.

I don’t feel like she understands today’s children.
She is very entertaining to listen to though.

theotherone1

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 3:23 pm
He is not free but he is phenomenal. Rabbi Dov Brezak.
https://chinuch-lifelines.org/
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics