Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Heimishe/Yeshivish Pesach Program?

motherhood613

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 1:52 pm
We are considering going to a Pesach program this year. Does anyone know if there are any programs within North America (would love to go somewhere warm though) that are considered heimishe or yeshivish? Ie no gebroks, no mixed swimming, more of a right-wing crowd, etc.

Does such a program even exist outside of Europe? I know that many of the European programs attract a heimishe crowd but because of the pandemic going to europe feels unrealistic.

Any ideas are very much appreciated!

Not looking to start a debate on pesach programs during the pandemic.

finprof

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 2:14 pm
I thought they were all like that at least in terms of food ans separate swimming. But then again I've never been....

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 2:20 pm
finprof wrote:
I thought they were all like that at least in terms of food ans separate swimming. But then again I've never been....

No definitely not all. But there are many. Where do you live? Local papers (like 5TJT, FJT etc) always have ads. I don’t remember which are running this year as I’m not doing a program
This year but there are many

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 2:25 pm
So interesting as my mom (not this year because of COVID) always looks for a non-haimishe which is much harder to find.
In NY area , you have Hudson Valley Resort (The Granite) and Villa Roma. Both a very right wing crowd.

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 2:28 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
So interesting as my mom (not this year because of COVID) always looks for a non-haimishe which is much harder to find.
In NY area , you have Hudson Valley Resort (The Granite) and Villa Roma. Both a very right wing crowd.

Really? There are tons of MO programs! (Perhaps not in NY proper but certainly in Florida and Arizona. Kosherica, Lasko, Grand Getaways, PGA, Majestic, Doral, presidential off the top of my head)

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 2:32 pm
There are a whole bunch but I don't know who is running this year. Try greenwald caterers they have that crowd in the program with the jewish heritage foundation. Katz is also that type but I don't know if they have one this year. Pesach time tours too but no idea about this year.

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 2:33 pm
Just saw a full page ad in the Lakewood shopper for a pesach program that sounds exactly what you are looking for. Sorry, can’t remember details.

motherhood613

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 3:09 pm
does anyone know if there are any programs like this in Florida? Mexico?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 3:14 pm
Gateways at Lake Conroe in Houston, TX. 845-290-8710

Chevra at Doubletree Hilton Paradise Valley in Arizona. 877-4-pesach

amother
Black

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 3:28 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
There are a whole bunch but I don't know who is running this year. Try greenwald caterers they have that crowd in the program with the jewish heritage foundation. Katz is also that type but I don't know if they have one this year. Pesach time tours too but no idea about this year.

Not doing a program this year!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics