Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Men the Pregnant Ones

supermom

Post Thu, Aug 11 2005, 12:01 pm
Today my dh and I went shopping and one of the things that we bought was a watermelon. While he was carrying it which it weighed in about 14 pounds he said oy I am glad that I am not pregnant how in the world do you woman carry all this weight all day I would fall out of tiredness. LOL thought it was funny

hardwrknmom

Post Thu, Aug 11 2005, 12:08 pm
LOL LOL

and they call men machos?? they're whimps!!

Heyyyyyyyyyy chill I'm just playing!

supermom

Post Thu, Aug 11 2005, 12:14 pm
I thought it was funny

lucky

Post Thu, Aug 11 2005, 12:19 pm
yeah well, try to have a man deliver a baby.or have morning sickness.

supermom

Post Thu, Aug 11 2005, 12:35 pm
no no not such a good sight my hubby would rather not have kids if he had to do all the holding, giving birth, and nursing. then again would we want to do all the pregnancy too if we knew that the man would be doing it? Rolling Eyes I don't think so.

1stimer

Post Thu, Aug 11 2005, 12:53 pm
If childbirth was shared btwn women and men (I.e. woman has 1 baby, man has 1 baby, woman, man etc) then there would be no family larger than 3 kids!!

supermom

Post Thu, Aug 11 2005, 12:59 pm
that is true but maybe not even larger than two. who says us woman would want to go through it again? when they realize that it is their turn?

buba123

Post Thu, Aug 11 2005, 1:11 pm
supermom - very funny Very Happy Very Happy Every mom out there can appreciate that joke!! On a more serious note though - I'm still very happy to be a woman and go through the whole childbirth and childrearing than to be a man. I always think how my husband has many more responsibilities than I do. He davens 3 times a day with a minyan. He works really hard to support our family... While I have a few minutes a day (not hours!!) to visit this dear website!!

1stimer

Post Thu, Aug 11 2005, 1:38 pm
supermom wrote:
that is true but maybe not even larger than two. who says us woman would want to go through it again? when they realize that it is their turn?

well, I know many families with more than 1 child... LOL

smile

Post Thu, Aug 11 2005, 3:23 pm
My husband is always saying: "what is the big deal about birth, just push the baby out and that is it."
in his defence I have short labour, but still veryyyyy painful.

baby's mom

Post Thu, Aug 11 2005, 4:42 pm
reading the title to this thread I thought you were going to say something that has to do with people who say "we're pregnant" meaning husband and wife.
That always bugged me, why are men considered pregnant too, when we are carrying the weight, nausious, careful with food..... Confused

technic

Post Thu, Aug 11 2005, 8:11 pm
babys mom BCOS THEY HAVE 2 PUT UP W US BEING PREG!!!!!....going out at 3am 2 buy us icecream, listening2 us kvetch, putting up w our mood swings etc etc etc Exclamation

baby's mom

Post Thu, Aug 11 2005, 8:25 pm
that makes them pregnant??? Confused
Actually I never had cravings but my wonderful husband would get ice cream for "me" (b/c he wanted it for himself) LOL

technic

Post Thu, Aug 11 2005, 8:27 pm
LOL!

de_goldy

Post Thu, Aug 11 2005, 10:09 pm
There's already a thread on the 'we're pregnant' issue.

raizy

Post Thu, Aug 18 2005, 8:51 pm
when I had my first child I thought I will go bonkers . all his sisters and brothers said "hubby" had a baby boy!!!huh who did all the preg naushios and throwing up I also had gallstones with the preg and was more in the hospital then out. so since then my hubby is very carefull around me and tells his family my "wife"had the baby not me. get it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics