Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
ISO Imamother from Argentina and Brazil

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 11:08 am
If you live in Argentina or Brazil, specifically Buenos Aires and São Paulo
Please let me know what the restrictions are
1. Are restaurants open
2. Are malls and nice places to walk open
3. Can ladies go to shul on Shabbat
4. What restrictions are there as of today

doctorima

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 12:47 pm
Yo'ma is a regular poster here who I believe lives in Buenos Aires, so you could PM her regarding Argentina.

I don't recall any regular posters from Brazil, but Yo'ma may know about the situation there, or of a member who lives there that you could reach out to.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 1:50 pm
doctorima wrote:
Yo'ma is a regular poster here who I believe lives in Buenos Aires, so you could PM her regarding Argentina.

I don't recall any regular posters from Brazil, but Yo'ma may know about the situation there, or of a member who lives there that you could reach out to.

Oooh thanks for the info

yo'ma

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 5:05 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If you live in Argentina or Brazil, specifically Buenos Aires and São Paulo
Please let me know what the restrictions are
1. Are restaurants open
2. Are malls and nice places to walk open
3. Can ladies go to shul on Shabbat
4. What restrictions are there as of today

No idea about Brazil, but in Argentina.
1. Restaurants are open. Saw people eating in a pizza store a week or two ago, so I guess you can eat in.
2. Malls are open. Ate at McDonald’s yesterday, which is in a mall. Didn’t walk around, but the stores were open.
3. I’m sure ladies can go to shul on Shabbos, but I don’t.
4. It doesn’t seem like there are too many restrictions nowadays, but most people do walk around with a mask and a lot of stores only allow a certain amount of people at a time. Also, some stores have shorter hours. Never understood the shorter hours idea.

Why do you want to know? I don’t think that unless you are a citizen, resident, or have a work visa you can come into the country now.

And I used the subway yesterday, but didn’t stop at every stop. Not sure if it was due to covid or not. And it was my stop Mad

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 6:18 am
yo'ma wrote:
No idea about Brazil, but in Argentina.
1. Restaurants are open. Saw people eating in a pizza store a week or two ago, so I guess you can eat in.
2. Malls are open. Ate at McDonald’s yesterday, which is in a mall. Didn’t walk around, but the stores were open.
3. I’m sure ladies can go to shul on Shabbos, but I don’t.
4. It doesn’t seem like there are too many restrictions nowadays, but most people do walk around with a mask and a lot of stores only allow a certain amount of people at a time. Also, some stores have shorter hours. Never understood the shorter hours idea.

Why do you want to know? I don’t think that unless you are a citizen, resident, or have a work visa you can come into the country now.

And I used the subway yesterday, but didn’t stop at every stop. Not sure if it was due to covid or not. And it was my stop Mad

Thanks Yoma
I’ll find out about Tourist visiting
We haven’t decided on going but we have a Simcha in Brazil
Thinking of going 2 days to Argentina as well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics