Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
What can I make with spaghetti?
1  2  Next

Motherhood

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 5:07 pm
Besides for meatballs with spaghetti, is there anything I can make with just spaghetti pasta? TIA

Java

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 5:08 pm
I was just thinking of making spaghetti with alfredo sauce actually... like fettucine but using spaghetti instead because that's what I have
Maybe throw in some vegetables like mushrooms or sauteed peppers

Java

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 5:09 pm
I saw this interesting 'spaghetti pie' recipe in one of the cookbooks I have

mha3484

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 5:09 pm
There are lots of asian recipes you can make https://damndelicious.net/cate.....ge/3/

Java

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 5:11 pm
mha you reminded me of a yum lomein recipe I have- you basically just cook chicken pieces, peppers, baby corn and mushrooms in soy sauce in a pan for I think maybe like a half hour or something like that (vegetables first and add the chicken later on) , then cook the pasta and mix it all together, cook again covered for about 15 minutes

Last edited by Java on Mon, Mar 01 2021, 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

tigerwife

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 5:11 pm
Little kids like this recipe-
Thread a few pieces of raw spaghetti through hot dog halves. Boil hot dogs with spaghetti till cooked. You’ll have little multi-armed hot dog monsters for dinner.

fatso gal

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 5:14 pm
Spaghetti aglio e olio. It is spaghetti with garlic.and can add in other ingredients if you want.

Motherhood

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 5:16 pm
Thanks everyone.
Dh doesn’t love soy/teriyaki sauce and spaghetti with veg I made last week.
I want to do with garlic, but I’m out of it.
My options are really narrowing down

amother
Black

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 5:17 pm
Put some olive oil in a frying pan with a bunch of baby tomatoes on medium high until they start bursting. Add a garlic cube or two for another thirty seconds or so. Add spaghetti and mix. Add some parsley and/or basil, salt, pepper and some shredded cheese. Once the spaghetti's made, it takes under five minutes. I usually make it with leftovers.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 5:18 pm
tigerwife wrote:
Thread a few pieces of raw spaghetti through hot dog halves. Boil hot dogs with spaghetti till cooked. You’ll have little multi-armed hot dog monsters for dinner.

My kids are bigger but I think they might still get a kick out of that, lol! Fun idea!

mha3484

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 5:19 pm
tigerwife wrote:

If you want to make it more adult instead of hot dogs use Italian sausages. Its delicious.

bsy

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 5:19 pm
I use spaghetti for dinner dones fettuccine alfredo

icedcoffee

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 5:22 pm
I have two really good and easy spaghetti recipes:

"Midnight Spaghetti" with garlic, oil, and hot pepper
-Cook spaghetti in boiling water. While pasta is cooking, heat 1/2 cup olive oil in a frying pan and saute 3 minced garlic cloves for 4 minutes.
-Season the garlic oil with salt, pepper, and hot pepper flakes.
-When cooked, lift spaghetti out of the water into the pan with the oil. Add 1/2 cup of the pasta water and 2 tbs finely chopped parsley and mix together.

Agrigento-style spaghetti with tomato, garlic and saffron
-Cook spaghetti in boiling water. While cooking, warm 1/3 cup olive oil and 5 tbs butter (or margarine) in frying pan over low heat until butter melts.
-Add 3 minced garlic cloves and cook until golden, about 4 min.
-Ladle out half a cup of hot pasta water. Melt a generous pinch of saffron threads into the water and add to the garlic oil.
-When cooked, lift spaghetti out of the water into the pan with the oil. Add 1 cup tomato sauce (or 1 large fresh chopped tomato), cayenne pepper, and 1/3 cup chopped parsley. Mix together.

edit - whooops typed this all before I saw you were out of garlic. You could probably substitute with onions (or shallots ideally).

ra_mom

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 5:56 pm
Motherhood wrote:
Besides for meatballs with spaghetti, is there anything I can make with just spaghetti pasta? TIA

Sesame noodles are delicious.

tigerwife

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 6:19 pm
mha3484 wrote:
If you want to make it more adult instead of hot dogs use Italian sausages. Its delicious.

Interesting. Same method, no spices, just boil?

DVOM

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 6:45 pm
My kids like spaghetti with meat sauce: chop and saute onions, zucchini, peppers, carrot ( I add whatever I've got in my veggie bin). Add garlic, oregano, basil. Add chop meat or chicken, break up any big pieces. Add jarred pasta sauce and noodles. Yummy!

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 6:46 pm
fatso gal wrote:
Spaghetti aglio e olio. It is spaghetti with garlic.and can add in other ingredients if you want.

This one is so disproportionally good, given the number of ingredients!
I love to add Italian seasoning, buts it's just as good without.

DVOM

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 6:48 pm
My kids like spaghetti with meat sauce: chop and saute onions, zucchini, peppers, carrot ( I add whatever I've got in my veggie bin). Add garlic, oregano, basil. Add chop meat or chicken, break up any big pieces. Add jarred pasta sauce and noodles. Yummy!

We also make pasta omelettes. Not sure exactly how this recipe came to be, but it's a hit over here! Saute cooked pasta in a big frying pan with onions and zucchini. Crack and scramble as many eggs as you want. Add salt and pepper. Pour over hot pasta and veggies. Cook over low heat; flip like a massive pasta pancake when eggs look like they are just about set to cook on the other side. Plop out of the frying pan and cut into pizza shaped wedges. My kids like it with ketchup.

Good Friend

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 8:03 pm
cutestbaby wrote:
I saw this interesting 'spaghetti pie' recipe in one of the cookbooks I have

If it's the one I know from one of the kosher by design cookbooks it's basically spaghetti, tomato sauce and seasoning with a few eggs mixed in and cheese mixed all together and baked. The eggs hold the pasta together so it can be sliced like pie.

egam

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 8:43 pm
Cacio e Pepe - cheese and pepper spaghetti.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics