Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Vaccine reaction
1  2  Next

If you had a bad reaction to one shot did you have to the other?
Bad reaction only to first  
 6%  [ 2 ]
Bad reaction only to second  
 39%  [ 13 ]
Bad reaction to both  
 6%  [ 2 ]
No reactions at all  
 48%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 33

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 2:47 pm
I had a very bad reaction ( fever sweats chills weakness for 4 days) to the first covid-19 vaccine. I am very nervous to get the other one. I cannot go through that again. I was wondering what other people's experiences were.

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 2:51 pm
OP, have you had covid? Most people I know have worse reactions to the first than the second if they're had it.

I had a really bad headache after the first, just for the rest of the day. After the second, I had the headache again but worse, and really bad muscle aches and not wanting to move, even in bed. It lasted a couple days. I didn't have covid.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 3:15 pm
I never had it that I know of

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 3:20 pm
Why not hold off?
Are u worried about getting covid?

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 4:03 pm
My arm was really sore after the first shot, for a week. I told that to the medic who gave me the second shot and he used a different kind of needle. After the second shot my arm was hardly sore at all (thanks to the medic, I assume) but I felt flu-ey.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 4:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I had a very bad reaction ( fever sweats chills weakness for 4 days) to the first covid-19 vaccine. I am very nervous to get the other one. I cannot go through that again. I was wondering what other people's experiences were.

If that is how you reacted to the shot, imagine how much worse you'd have it with the virus. Get the second shot, it is worth it not to get the virus, which might make you feel that way or much worse for weeks on end.

mochamix18

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 4:06 pm
OP I had similar after first and nothing after second dose except a slight headache which perecetomol took care of. I also did not have covid or onion antibodies.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 4:08 pm
4 days of feeling pretty awful is still better than 2 months of feeling like you're going to die, and being so sick that you don't even care if you do die.

I was lucky with my vaccines. I took Tylenol beforehand both times. Both shots gave my arm a sore spot for 24 hours, and I had a slight headache that may or may not have been related. (I get headaches so often, it's hard to tell what's going on. Usually it's a pinched nerve in my neck.)

This week is my one year "Corona-versary". Yep, I just coined a new word. I'm still dealing with long term after affects.

Please get the second shot, and take Tylenol a half an hour before your appointment.

Ahuva's Mommy

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 4:09 pm
I also had some unpleasant reactions for a few days. Motrin round the clock really did help though.

Chloe22

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 6:18 pm
The only reaction I had both times was a sore arm.

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 7:46 pm
Pregnant and had my first shot recently. Sore arm that night and next day but that was it!

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 9:17 pm
I had a sore arm and was tired with the first shot. With the second I had a sore and itchy arm and was tired and achy but I was able to go teach the next day and get shabbos ready.

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 9:40 pm
Another vote for taking your 2nd dose; it's not even a question. That said, I've read that you're not supposed to take Tylenol beforehand since it can interfere with the vaccine, but afterward is fine. Ask at your testing site for specific recommendations of how long you're supposed to wait before taking.

amother
Black

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 9:56 pm
Take the second shot. No question.
Take midol or exedrin if you start feeling sick again.
The fever is you immune system working. It could be that you already had Covid without knowing it. The second dose should be better.

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 11:50 am
I will never inject myself with poison!!

Java

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 11:52 am
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
I will never inject myself with poison!!

That's wise, I wouldn't either

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 11:56 am
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
Why not hold off?
Are u worried about getting covid?

Hold off for what? 15 years?

smss

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 11:58 am
FranticFrummie wrote:

Please get the second shot, and take Tylenol a half an hour before your appointment.

This is not recommended, there are some studies (not with the covid vaccine specifically but with other vaccines) showing that prophylactic Tylenol/NSAIDS (I.e. given before the vaccine) can diminish the immune response. Taking them afterwards to treat symptoms that come up should be fine, especially once 24 hours have passed.

From the CDC:
Quote:
Antipyretic or analgesic medications (e.g., acetaminophen, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) can be taken for the treatment of post-vaccination local or systemic symptoms, if medically appropriate. However, routine prophylactic administration of these medications for the purpose of preventing post-vaccination symptoms is not currently recommended, because information on the impact of such use on mRNA COVID-19 vaccine-induced antibody responses is not available at this time.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/c......html

OP, I had a terrible migraine after dose #1 and nothing but a sore arm after dose #2. Whatever side effects you may experience, they will definitely be less miserable than even a moderate case of covid. The way you're feeling now, like you can't go through that again? That's exactly why you want to get the second dose.

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 12:05 pm
cutestbaby wrote:
That's wise, I wouldn't either

And the vaccine is poison
Id rather get the virus

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 12:25 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
And the vaccine is poison
Id rather get the virus

Just to test a theory I have- if you do get the virus, will you stay home? Will your family?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics