Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Seminary in Israel next year-must vaccinate?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 11:30 pm
Will my daughter be required, either in Israel, by the sem, by the Airlines, to vaccinate?

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 11:31 pm
Probably both.

amother
Maroon

The way things are going, yes. I wouldn't send my daughter.

amother
Sienna

Almost certainly

Java

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 11:35 pm
Think about it- they've vaccinated over 50% of their population so far and will almost for sure be done in a few months. Why would they want to jeopardize that by letting in a whole bunch of unvaccinated people? Would just be stupid

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 11:47 pm
Thats crazy.
My daughter has been looking forward to this experience all her life and I cant take it away from her. Nor do I want to risk having her immunized.
She was just accepted to the seminary of her choice today! And I need to send in a non-refundable deposit of 4k this week! Help!

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 11:53 pm
You will have to make a choice one way or the other, though. I don't think there's a way out of it. Not this coming year.

Elfrida

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 12:36 am
Even if the government doesn't require it, the seminaries are not going to want to risk Corona running through the dorm, or having to deal with bidud again.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 12:37 am
I cannot fathom going unvaccinated will be an option this coming year.

If you have the $ to blow, no harm in planning both ways, probably even vaccine aside just the state of the world, pays to have 2 plans, an A & B.

If anything, at that age present all your thoughts to dd and see what she thinks to do. She will take things better if she feels in the drivers seat.

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 12:48 am
Elfrida wrote:
Even if the government doesn't require it, the seminaries are not going to want to risk Corona running through the dorm, or having to deal with bidud again.

I actually prefer that my daughter not dorm with unvaccinated students. I don’t want the extra risk of her catching it, by living in close quarters with others who may be carrying it . . .

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 1:09 am
I am so eager for my DDs to get vaccinated.

Sorry, if your DD is not vaccinated I don’t want her in the dorm with mine.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 1:19 am
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
I am so eager for my DDs to get vaccinated.

Sorry, if your DD is not vaccinated I don’t want her in the dorm with mine.

This is gross. I can't believe the brainwashing that would make a person say such a thing. Do you understand how low risk very young people are at? How well they recover from this? But you will make such nasty comment anyhow?

juggling

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 1:22 am
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
This is gross. I can't believe the brainwashing that would make a person say such a thing. Do you understand how low risk very young people are at? How well they recover from this? But you will make such nasty comment anyhow?

I actually thought her comment was phrased very nicely. Your reaction, however, was not.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 1:24 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Will my daughter be required, either in Israel, by the sem, by the Airlines, to vaccinate?

Sadly this is the state of things. You will either have to disappoint your daughter and skip seminary in Israel, go along with this vax and all the unknown risks,... or get very creative.

This has been a very hard year with tough choices to make for my family. And they will only get harder.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 1:25 am
juggling wrote:
I actually thought her comment was phrased very nicely. Your reaction, however, was not.

No, it is not nice. It's called medical discrimination and it's terribly inappropriate. This world has gone crazy. The fear level is out of hand. This is not right.

DrMom

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 2:45 am
No, it is not nice. It's called medical discrimination and it's terribly inappropriate. This world has gone crazy. The fear level is out of hand. This is not right.

Expecting people to be vaccinated against dangerous contagious diseases before they go to live in a dormitory with dozens of others is not "discrimination."

Do you think the same about measles vaccinations?

chanchy123

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 2:53 am

I’m sorry, your post is “gross.”

Rappel

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 3:01 am

Every new infection risks a new mutation, which can put many more people in the high risk category. That's why it's important to stop infection.

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 3:13 am

Like my previously 100% healthy 12 year old who still has complete loss of sense of smell 5 months later? She may never be able to fully enjoy food or even smell her own babies' sweet scents Sad

Or like the young and now no longer healthy 20 year old young lady who used to work in my daughter's school but is now home, sick in bed, suffering from "post covid" syndrome for weeks?

Or like my 16 year old who got covid at the same time her body was fighting off an as yet undetected case of Lyme Disease from a tick bite she got while she was playing outside? She used to run and jump abd dance and now can barely get out of bed and the doctors have no idea how to help her. She just fades away a little more each day.

Tell me again how covid doesn't harm young people.
Open your eyes. Stop being brainwashed. I know dozens of others under 30 who may have technically survived but are now suffering long term effects of the virus. Whether this virus is "natural" or the result of a lab accident its devastating effects sre far reaching beyond just the *mostly older people it kills

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 3:37 am
Chances are she will have to vaccinate.
Better the risks of a vaccine than the risk of catching covid with all the long term possible effects.
I would not deny my dd a year in Israel over fear of the vaccine.
She is presumably an adult, though, or at the very least almost 18. What is her opinion?
Page 1 of 8   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics