Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Dd throws away stained underwear during period
Previous  1  2  3

devo1982

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 12:56 pm
I have always leaked, but the period undies with my extra-heavy pads have been a lifesaver. Thinx has a line for young teens, but there are other brands - I actually prefer the ones I got from Amazon (black), because they look more like "regular" underwear in terms of the fabric (Thinx are very shiny) and they don't have a gauzy band that snags and rips easily.

singleagain

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 2:03 pm
devo1982 wrote:
I have always leaked, but the period undies with my extra-heavy pads have been a lifesaver. Thinx has a line for young teens, but there are other brands - I actually prefer the ones I got from Amazon (black), because they look more like "regular" underwear in terms of the fabric (Thinx are very shiny) and they don't have a gauzy band that snags and rips easily.

There are so many types of thinx not all shiny.

I vote thinx. I wish I had had them when I first started.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 10:41 pm
singleagain wrote:
There are so many types of thinx not all shiny.

I vote thinx. I wish I had had them when I first started.

I went on the thing website. It says each underwear holds up to 5 tampons. What does it mean holds tampons.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 10:48 pm
When I was a teen my mother very nonchalantly said “oh if your underwear gets stained just handwash in cold water in the bathroom sink with some soap to get most of it out and then just put it on top of the washing machine and I’ll add it to the load..” was so not awkward for me.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 10:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I went on the thing website. It says each underwear holds up to 5 tampons. What does it mean holds tampons.

I imagine it means think how much blood a Regular size tampon can hold before it is saturated--the underwear theoretically can absorb five times that much.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 11:07 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
I imagine it means think how much blood a Regular size tampon can hold before it is saturated--the underwear theoretically can absorb five times that much.

How is it possible?

singleagain

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 11:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How is it possible?

I think they have a video or something It's they got layers and wicking technology and stuff I'm sure there's a video on there I'm sorry I'm a little bit tired to look but I've been using things for over a year and I really wish that it had been there when 10 years ago 20 years ago whenever I started mine

huff

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 1:27 am
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
So you threw out a few pairs each month?
You would have been “heartbroken “ if you had to rinse them??

Yes! I did. Was it a big deal? No? You can mock all you like but if someone had forced me to start washing out blood stains I would have been so upset. Even now I have a really hard time with blood but obviously it has got a bit better. Also it never hurts to talk nicely to people...

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 1:34 am
OP, please open up the conversation with her in a loving manner. I know too many grown women who have bad hygiene and don't know how to deal with their periods , whose mothers never taught them how to properly take care of themselves.

chestnut

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 1:46 am
Never heard of treating blood stains with Windex. I only knew about using oxygen peroxide.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 6:33 am
Hydrogen peroxide. Add some cold water an soak the underwear for an hour or so. Then wash normally. Works best with fresh blood.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 7:20 am
huff wrote:
Yes! I did. Was it a big deal? No? You can mock all you like but if someone had forced me to start washing out blood stains I would have been so upset. Even now I have a really hard time with blood but obviously it has got a bit better. Also it never hurts to talk nicely to people...

Throwing a load of laundry in the machine is hardly being forced to wash out blood stains. If you do it right away, many times the stains come right out, with no further effort.

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 7:30 am
I remember pretty much throwing out underwear in the early years. It takes time to adjust, and contrary to what others say, its embarrassing for a teen. Never mind, I did do laundry by then, yet was still embarrassed.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children