Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Anyone happy with their Ikea couch?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 6:47 am
(Inspired a little by the Lakewood Living Room controversy)

I have, for lack of a better word, two benches in my living room. They are lightly padded, but definitely not couches. However, they are fake leather so easy to clean, were under $200 which was what we could afford at that point, they are not ripped like our previous hand-me-down couch, and were purchased new so no concern of bedbugs.

At this point, I would like to go up to the next level. We cannot afford the comfy leather couches I'd love to get, which would be several thousand dollars.

I am thinking instead to get Ikea couches, in the $400 to $700 range. But the information online is so contradictory, it's hard to know which to choose. I cannot go to an Ikea store to try them out IRL, so I'm hoping that someone here has one and is willing to put in their two cents.

Ideally I'd like something in the dark gray color family, not hard to take care of, and reasonably comfortable. I understand they won't last forever, but then again nothing does.

So do you have an Ikea couch? What do you think?

Rappel

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 6:51 am
Their L shaped couch with the storage space underneath which pulls out to a bed is an amazing piece of furniture.

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 8:09 am
I have an IKEA sectional and non-IKEA sectional. The ikea one is okay. It works for the space we have, but it works much better as a show piece or a piece of furniture that doesn’t get much use. It’s not that comfortable, but very easy to clean, so that’s a huge plus! Our other sectional is from allmodern.com and we absolutely love it! So with IKEA, I think it definitely depends on which couch you’re looking to get. Some are more better and dependable than others.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 8:42 am
Which model do you have and not recommend?

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 9:08 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Which model do you have and not recommend?

I have the Soderhamn. It’s very nice for a room that doesn’t get much traffic and people won’t sit on it frequently. But as an everyday, family couch, I wouldn’t recommend.

zigi

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 9:16 am
Ektorp. I got one 18 years ago. We just had to replace it 2 years ago we got with a lounge area. The covers are washable and you can buy new ones to freshen up the look

carrot

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 5:53 am
I found the Ektorp very comfortable. And it last fine--I did buy new covers a few years in, but I was using white ones! So no complaints.

When we moved and left that couch behind, I found myself wanting to try a different model. I didn't love the style (looks wise) of the Ektorp. We got the Stocksund. It's not nearly as comfortable... (Too deep, and my kids sit on top the back cushions and smush them.)

syrima

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 6:57 am
I buy everything ikea, I've gone to the store and tried sitting on ALL the sofas but just couldn't find one that was comfortable and would stand up to kids using it every day. I would look elsewhere.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 8:44 am
syrima wrote:
I buy everything ikea, I've gone to the store and tried sitting on ALL the sofas but just couldn't find one that was comfortable and would stand up to kids using it every day. I would look elsewhere.

At this point, even an uncomfortable couch would be an upgrade! But do you have any other suggestions at a similar price point?

Teomima

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 8:47 am
I've had an Ektorp sofabed for about 15 years. They no longer make my particular model, which makes ordering replacement covers a bit of a headache (though not impossible). But the couch is still super comfortable and solid and the bed is pretty comfortable and has come in handy many times.

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 11:26 am
Does anyone have the Morabo? It’s a loveseat from IKEA and really pretty actually.. doesn’t look super comfortable so I’m wondering..

mizle10

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 11:07 am
Bump.

Anyone have the morabo? I tried it in the store and it’s decently comfortable.. curious how it will hold up though.

Crookshanks

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 11:52 am
OP,
If you want a leather couch, I have a $900 couch from Katz Furniture that is real leather and very comfortable. It's a three seater with 2 recliners. You don't need to buy from Ikea if this is your budget.

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 12:03 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
OP,
If you want a leather couch, I have a $900 couch from Katz Furniture that is real leather and very comfortable. It's a three seater with 2 recliners. You don't need to buy from Ikea if this is your budget.

Do they have a website?

Crookshanks

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 12:07 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
Do they have a website?

https://www.instagram.com/katz.....hl=en
katzfurniturenj.com
You can't see their stock on the website but you should call them. They are very easy to work with.

amother
Red

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 12:13 pm
We love our Ektorp couch in leather.

Yes, there is a leather option. It's a nice dark brown.

We got it a couple months ago.

It cost about $800.

Crookshanks

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 12:15 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
We love our Ektorp couch in leather.

Yes, there is a leather option. It's a nice dark brown.

We got it a couple months ago.

It cost about $800.

Can you send a link? So curious.
Can you wash the leather covers? Are they covers or the actual couch?

mizle10

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 12:23 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
OP,

Not the op, but I bumped up this thread. I’m not in the US, but thank you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics