Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Should I feed baby or wait this out at night UPDATE
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 5:22 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
My 3 month old is really the same way. She first let's me know she's hungry by day and only if I don't respond straight away bc im busy will she get louder. She also used to toss and turn at night I would feed her and she'd fall instantly asleep without eating.. She also doesn't use a pack. So basically sounds quite similar. I let her be at night and now she's sleeping really well and I am so thankful because I know from my older ones how hard it is when they don't. She's thankfully gaining weight really well so I don't see the need to feed her at night. Hope this helps you.

Thank you so much, sounds the same! How much do you feed during the day and how often?

English3

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 5:24 pm
I changed my baby's formula and he stopped making noises in his sleep and he is much calmer.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 5:25 pm
English3 wrote:
I changed my baby's formula and he stopped making noises in his sleep and he is much calmer.
which formula are you using?

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 5:29 pm
Im only nursing so I don't know how much and I kind of feed on demand so I don't pay attention to when really. Sorry. I try to eat play sleep but sometimes I will nurse again before her nap if I'm distracted as to why she's fussy. Im not extremely scheduled by day. If shes up for a while sometimes I feed her again on purpose.. She's quite chunky.

trixx

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 7:48 pm
As long as you're not NOT feeding on principle like keeping to the clock. If baby isn't hungry, maybe he isn't. Btw, crying is a late cue. They first do root (as newborns) and fidget, suck hands etc. If you only ever get to a baby once he's crying then you're responding very late to his hunger cues.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 7:56 pm
trixx wrote:
As long as you're not NOT feeding on principle like keeping to the clock. If baby isn't hungry, maybe he isn't. Btw, crying is a late cue. They first do root (as newborns) and fidget, suck hands etc. If you only ever get to a baby once he's crying then you're responding very late to his hunger cues.

So then I should feed? But then why does he fall asleep after a few sucks and at most take in an ounce? The rest I have to fight to get him to take.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 3:13 am
It’s normal for newborns to have a six hour stretch. If you wait a few minutes does he relax? You know your baby.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 9:09 am
Last night I heard the baby at 2:15, I left him and he fell back asleep pretty quickly. Started hearing him again at 3:30 and decided to feed even though he wasn’t crying. He drank a grand total of 2 ounces. Then he woke up at 6:30 and all he drank was 1 ounce! Now it’s 9:00 and he’s refusing a bottle. I don’t get it! Help!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 10:33 am
Bump

honey36

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 10:38 am
I'm not an expert but pretty sure with babies at this age you only need to be concerned if they are not gaining weight nicely. Every babies metabolism works different. They also go through growth spurts when they eat a lot more often, then have a 'steady" period when don't need to eat as often. Why are you so worried?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 10:42 am
honey36 wrote:
I'm not an expert but pretty sure with babies at this age you only need to be concerned if they are not gaining weight nicely. Every babies metabolism works different. They also go through growth spurts when they eat a lot more often, then have a 'steady" period when don't need to eat as often. Why are you so worried?

Because which baby isn’t hungry in the morning after barely eating all night? And it’s not worried as much as trying to figure out what to do, feed or wait for him to fall back asleep since he’s not eating much anyway.

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 10:45 am
OP - Baby is 2 months. 1 oz of formula, is enough to to make a difference between a bit hungry and full. If at 9am isn't interested in eating, look at him and say "okay - you're not interested now, no problem, let me know when you are"... and move on with your day.

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 10:47 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Because which baby isn’t hungry in the morning after barely eating all night? And it’s not worried as much as trying to figure out what to do, feed or wait for him to fall back asleep since he’s not eating much anyway.

Whatever he's eating - he wants to eat. Feed him!

honey36

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 10:47 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I've had newborns go 8 hour stretches with no food. Its really not that crazy. My midwives were first telling me to wake her up to feed if she was going so long, and I'm like why? She's gaining weight nicely. They didn't have a response to that argument, so they said it's fine. Really, every baby is different. As long as he's not crying and he's not underweight I would not feed him.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics