Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Menstrual cycle covid vaccine
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 5:20 pm
It may or may not be related but anyone have a late or skipped period after vaccine? Still waiting for my period to come.

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 5:27 pm
I got my first dose on the day I was expecting my period. I got my period that day, but it lasted 9 days. My periods are normally 4-5 days. But the next month was normal.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 5:33 pm
Possibly. I had a period about a week before the first vaccine, and then the next time was at least two or three weeks after the second vaccine, so that would be a gap of about six or seven weeks.

On the other hand, concurrent with the first period I also had pneumonia (not Corona). I get a fairly bad case of pneumonia every two or three years, and it always messes up my cycle. I'm not sure why. So its hard to say for sir whether the delay was vaccine related pr pneumonia related, or even a combination or both.

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 5:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It may or may not be related but anyone have a late or skipped period after vaccine? Still waiting for my period to come.

I made a poll for you.

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....19342

Your welcome!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 6:02 pm
Thanks for the poll. But I can't vote on it yet because I'm still waiting and seeing. The only other thing is that the days are getting longer. And when that happens I usually have one wacky cycle that could be 37 days. So it could also be from that.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 7:42 pm
I missed my period the cycle following the first dose of the vaccine. I had light spotting but no full period. It returned the following cycle.

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 7:51 pm
Got my 1st dose about 3 weeks ago. Today is day 40, still waiting. But I also have PCOS, so there's no way to know.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 7:53 pm
Not me. I’m a regular as ever, even 3 months post partum

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 12:20 am
I know someone who was having missed periods and a week after vaccine she got her period for the first time in a few months.

potatoes

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 1:10 am
Do you people realize what your saying? The vaccine is effecting your cycle/hormones = possibly and probably messing with your fertility!

amother
Red

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 1:15 am
☝️

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 1:37 am
potatoes wrote:
Do you people realize what your saying? The vaccine is effecting your cycle/hormones = possibly and probably messing with your fertility!

On the other hand I had covid and my cycle is a mess. And Im on the pill!
In my lifetime many things have effected my cycle like flying, dieting, stress, fasting, change in climate ect.
Do all of the above effect your fertility??

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 6:26 am
potatoes wrote:

The same thing happens when you're sick, COVID or not. It's usually ok the next month.

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 6:30 am
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
The same thing happens when you're sick, COVID or not. It's usually ok the next month.

Exactly.
Also goes to show how much fear mongering is going around on each end.
I had swine flu as a teen in camp. It took a while to regain my stregth then too. As a side point I never ever ever got my period in camp (full two months). I guess camp is bad for fertility too😇

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 6:33 am
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
Exactly.
I had swine flu as a teen in camp. It took a while to regain my stregth then too. As a side point I never ever ever got my period in camp (full two months). I guess camp is bad for fertility too😇

Lol I got my period twice the month I was in camp. I was 14 and it freaked me out.

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 7:21 am
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
Exactly.

Me too! I also didn’t get it the entire seminary year. That must be bad for fertility, too!
(Yet somehow I got pregnant my first cycle off of bc both times 🤔)

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 5:37 pm
I finally got my period on day 35. My cycles are anywhere between 28-33 days normally. It's not a given, but sometimes when the seasons change and the days are getting longer my cycle goes a little longer. We can all breathe a sigh of relief now. LOL

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 11:34 am
Thank you, this settled my nerves a little that perhaps just a temporary shift.

I've always been pretty regular 25-28, but now nearing day 40, hopeful it will clear up in a month or two then, it sounds like there's some hormonal impact that can be expected at random for some.
My 2nd shot was around the time of expected period.

For women who's cycle was so delayed, did you still feel some premenstrual symptoms along the way for a lot of the time?
(My symptoms are usually subtle; I've had some mild, very subtle cramping & bloating it seems since expected period. (& confirmed that unfortunately am not pregnant as I was hoping was the case, until found out about these unexpected menstruation correlations) If carries on much longer will head to ob, but curious what others are experience).

amother
Mayflower

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 11:40 am
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
I know someone who was having missed periods and a week after vaccine she got her period for the first time in a few months.

The question is did she actually ovulate, or just bleed?

There does seem to be a correlation with bleeding issues in general, we know there's a correlation with strokes and the vaccines.

It's unclear whether the vaccines messing with periods is about hormones or bleeding. When we hear about postmenopausal women bleeding after the vaccine, that sounds like it's a bleeding problem, not hormonal. Scary either way.

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 10:15 am
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
Thank you, this settled my nerves a little that perhaps just a temporary shift.

I've always been pretty regular 25-28, but now nearing day 40, hopeful it will clear up in a month or two then, it sounds like there's some hormonal impact that can be expected at random for some.
My 2nd shot was around the time of expected period...

I'm quoting myself.

When I had no idea about some vaccine- menstruation impact (& I've been fairly regular my whole life, so) these threads gave me hope that the irregularity isn't necessarily anything to worry about.

Once I bounced back from the disappointment that it wasn't a pregnancy, confirmed by blood work, the limbo was so difficult, & on day 40 when my period arrived, I was so relieved.

For women who are in that difficult limbo, hang in there, & may you have resolution soon.

(This thread is not about the controversy, so please let's not go there. For those of us who have had to deal with these difficult menstruation issues correlated to the vaccine, may Hashem reward us with good health & bracha, since our goal in getting the vaccine is to protect ourselves & others, to guard life.
And sincerely, for those who genuinely feel that not getting the vaccine is the right thing to do, may Hashem bless everyone, all women & their family's, that everyone should be safe & healthy, & Covid a thing of the past.)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics