Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Saving time...
Previous  1  2

Post Thu, Aug 18 2005, 3:31 pm
sounds cool mommy912 (especially cuz I've had the same problem)! I tried what some others on here have suggested about not boiling lasagna noodles and just pouring water on the sides of the pan and bake it covered. it came out really good- could barely tell the difference, BUT the top-most noodles were a little hard/rawish- any tips for that?

buba123

Post Thu, Aug 18 2005, 3:54 pm
freilich
Quote:
How is aluminum recycable it doesn't disintegrate

It's aluminum I guess Rolling Eyes All I know is that according to NY state law all aluminum pans and even used silver foil is recyclable. I have 2 garbage recycling cans. One is for all types of paper and paper cartons. The other is for plastic and metal (aluminum).

buba123

Post Thu, Aug 18 2005, 3:55 pm
Wow, that was my 100th post!! Congratulations to me (I know Freilich I'm nowhere near you yet LOL but it's still a milestone for me)

hisorerus

Post Thu, Aug 18 2005, 9:59 pm
They refine and re-process aluminum, like plastic, which doesn't disintegrate either!

Aish

Post Sun, Aug 21 2005, 1:05 pm
0613 wrote:
sounds cool mommy912 (especially cuz I've had the same problem)! I tried what some others on here have suggested about not boiling lasagna noodles and just pouring water on the sides of the pan and bake it covered. it came out really good- could barely tell the difference, BUT the top-most noodles were a little hard/rawish- any tips for that?

buy "oven ready" lasagna, and on the top layer, pour a bit of the sauce as the last thing, and that should eliminate your problem

Aish

Post Sun, Aug 21 2005, 1:08 pm
Shimmysmom wrote:
a quick clean up tip- line your disposable pans with silver foil! keeps em like new for a long time.

I do that with parchment paper, I love parchment paper Very Happy , on all my baking pans. so I just barely have to rinse them when done. its quick, easy, saves clean up time, and the food comes out amazing b/c parchment paper retains all the juices of whatever your cooking, very well.

Last edited by Aish on Sun, Aug 21 2005, 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

technic

Post Sun, Aug 21 2005, 1:11 pm
buba mazal tov! - should I wish u till 120? Wink

buba123

Post Sun, Aug 21 2005, 2:43 pm
Thanx technic! I'm taking my bow!! LOL

baby's mom

Post Mon, Aug 22 2005, 12:58 am
Aish wrote:
Shimmysmom wrote:
a quick clean up tip- line your disposable pans with silver foil! keeps em like new for a long time.

I do that with parchment paper, I love parchment paper Very Happy , on all my baking pans. so I just barely have to rinse them when done. its quick, easy, saves clean up time, and the food comes out amazing b/c parchment paper retains all the juices of whatever your cooking, very well.

Same here, I use parchement paper! (I don't like cooking with aluminum.)

chavamom

Post Mon, Aug 22 2005, 1:31 am
queenie wrote:
Buba123,

those aluminum disposable pans are recycleable? I didn't know that.

Depends on the facilty processing the recycleables. Where I live, they specifically won't take aluminum pans or foil curbside- only aluminum cans. They also only take #1 and #2 plastics. Go figure. I don't know of another place that I would be able to take them that would accept them either!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics