Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Ability to conceive after the vaccine
Previous  1  2

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 11:58 am
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
If your issue is about conception post vaccine then IVF is not a proof for anything. Because of the nature of the fertilization occurring outside the body.

Also because those undergoing IVF already have fertility problems and are not guaranteed that IVF will work.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 12:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I didn't write my OP clearly. Thank you all though. Wondering if you know someone who conceived after getting vaccinated. Concerned about ability to have implantation and about early first trimester .
Does anyone know?
I'm having spotting for no reason and it's about a week after the first shot. I'm not currently pregnant, but am in the middle of fertility treatment.
Fertility treatments can make you spot.
I would calm down and call your RE to see what s/he says about whatever you are talking /doing this cycle and if spotting is normal.
Beyond that, think positive baby thoughts.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 12:52 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
It is too early to assess the after. Very few people of childbearing years have had the second dose + ttc and mikvah yet.

I would love to have a thread of that here though for people to post that they conceived after 2 doses. I think it will be very welcomed by everyone!

Most people haven’t even had one dose yet.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 12:59 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
Most people haven’t even had one dose yet.
It depends where. In Israel, many have even had both.

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 4:25 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
So you need to be convinced that civilization won’t end since the plan is to have the world 85 to 90 percent vaccinated ?

Please OP, put away your phone or close your social media for a while.

She heard the same that we all heard. That it CAN cause infertility in women. Being that she is currently going through fertility treatments, she is doubly concerned. It's not like someone who conceives every time she sneezes, and hears this and it goes in one ear and out the other.
Those of us who are going through fertility treatments are taking this a bit more seriously than everyone else.

Yes, it probably is anti-vaxers who said that it can cause infertility, but PLEASE don't just dismiss her concern. She has fertility issues to begin with, so she's nervous.
OP, I've heard of one fertility clinic who sent out an email to all their patients saying we recommend not to get the vaccine because we don't know enough, but only one. And I have no idea if they're a good clinic or not anyway. (Someone who uses them, told me)

smss

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 4:29 pm
There is no good reason to think the vaccine would cause infertility. That conspiracy theory (like most...) is based on very faulty logic.

OP, do you have Instagram? If you do I can point you to an infectious diseases researcher there who explains it really well.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 4:43 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
She heard the same that we all heard. That it CAN cause infertility in women. Being that she is currently going through fertility treatments, she is doubly concerned. It's not like someone who conceives every time she sneezes, and hears this and it goes in one ear and out the other.
Those of us who are going through fertility treatments are taking this a bit more seriously than everyone else.

Yes, it probably is anti-vaxers who said that it can cause infertility, but PLEASE don't just dismiss her concern. She has fertility issues to begin with, so she's nervous.
OP, I've heard of one fertility clinic who sent out an email to all their patients saying we recommend not to get the vaccine because we don't know enough, but only one. And I have no idea if they're a good clinic or not anyway. (Someone who uses them, told me)

As an aside, there were real studies that show Covid can cause infertility in men, or low sperm count. So she should be more concerned about actually getting the virus

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 5:06 pm
Don’t know if this helps, but my fertility clinic (tops in the US) strongly recommended the vaccine.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 7:53 pm
So I am an IFer. Not currently doing treatment.
I understand the concern.
I was just thinking about it on Shabbos. (Not for the first time).
I was trying to calculate how long it will be till we know that people who have gotten two doses have not only conceived, (after both shots) but also have normally functioning placentas.
I am very pro vax and pretty sure that there is nothing to be concerned about - but it would be very reassuring to see that everything is going well in post vaccine pregnancies.
I have not been offered the shot yet.
I also have been wondering what my RE recommends. Guessing he recommends to take it but would want to discuss with him once I am eligible for vaccine.
IyH everything should go well for you OP.

esther11

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 8:39 pm
https://www.puahfertility.org/vaccine

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 10:38 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
So I am an IFer. Not currently doing treatment.
I understand the concern.
I was just thinking about it on Shabbos. (Not for the first time).
I was trying to calculate how long it will be till we know that people who have gotten two doses have not only conceived, (after both shots) but also have normally functioning placentas.
I am very pro vax and pretty sure that there is nothing to be concerned about - but it would be very reassuring to see that everything is going well in post vaccine pregnancies.
I have not been offered the shot yet.
I also have been wondering what my RE recommends. Guessing he recommends to take it but would want to discuss with him once I am eligible for vaccine.
IyH everything should go well for you OP.

Thank you for understanding.
I know it shouldn't affect. I've done research and my RE does recommend. Can't help but be nervous and looking for reassurance. Especially since I'm taking it right during rather than waiting. I know Covid is bad. RE said he saw miscarriages and other issues from COVID. I know it's early for data and I know it should be fine. Yes, tefillos are welcome! And we'll all keep waiting together! Hoping for good updates!

chanchy123

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 10:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Did you or do you know people that have? Especially after both vaccines? I know it's soon and probably a scare based on nothing, but it'll make me feel better if you know any. I'm in the middle of fertility treatment and I got the first shot.
Please don't post frightening stories or theories. I just want to know if you or someone you know became pregnant after.

I read that dozens of women in the Pfizer study became pregnant during the trial (even though I think they were asked not to).

smss

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 9:44 am
OP here's a link to ease your mind.

https://fullfact.org/health/va.....lity/

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 9:46 am
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
In Israel, every pregnant woman I know is going to get vaccinated now, after the past few weeks the headlines have been full of pregnant women hospitalized with covid complications.

The doctors here are advising pregnant women get vaccinated.

No, not ever doctor is recommending that
https://www.israelnationalnews.....95631

mig100

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 9:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you for understanding.
I know it shouldn't affect. I've done research and my RE does recommend. Can't help but be nervous and looking for reassurance. Especially since I'm taking it right during rather than waiting. I know Covid is bad. RE said he saw miscarriages and other issues from COVID. I know it's early for data and I know it should be fine. Yes, tefillos are welcome! And we'll all keep waiting together! Hoping for good updates!

Yes op. I understand your feelings and concerns. Completely.

After all the crazy conspiracy fear mongering its normal to want to hear real reassurance that women who took it got pregnant

I dont understand why no one can just answer the question if they can and skip the thread if they cant, instead of sidetracking

Im sure by now there are many who got the vaccine and got pregnant considering how many got thr vaccine, especially in israel.

Hopefully fellow imas in healthcare, israel or other places where they got it , will xome back and update us when they can to offer reassurance.

Hope to hear from you soon and be updated with good news soon. Davening for you, even if I dont know you are and looking forward to hearing good news.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 7:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Did you or do you know people that have? Especially after both vaccines? I know it's soon and probably a scare based on nothing, but it'll make me feel better if you know any. I'm in the middle of fertility treatment and I got the first shot.
Please don't post frightening stories or theories. I just want to know if you or someone you know became pregnant after

Hi op

Hope ur doing well!

I bh got pregnant after getting thr vaccine

If you look at the october thread you will see many others did as well. One after 5. ( yes 5 ) YEARS of trying.

I hope this helps releive your fears.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics