Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Frosting for Cake

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 11:11 pm
What's the easiest frosting recipe? Want something that will look good, this is for a birthday smash cake that I'll take pics with, but I doubt my 12 month old cares much about the taste LOL

Would prefer something that can be done without a mixer or any special utensils... I don't own a mixer and not in the mood of borrowing. Just want something super simple that an amateur like me can have success with.

challahchallah

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 11:50 pm
If you’re just looking for ease and not taste, that seems like the perfect time for store bought frosting in a can.

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 11:52 pm
Or maybe those cans of whipped cream.

Frumwithallergies

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 11:53 pm
If you don't have a mixer, I recommend you buy the frosting. Easy peasy!

egam

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 11:54 pm
Cream cheese frosting can be easily made by hand. Or just store bought Duncan Hines or Pillsbury. Both have parve varieties.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 4:58 pm
#BestBubby wrote:

Can you add food coloring to those?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 5:05 pm
Also- can I frost the cake in advance and freeze? Or should only be frosted right before use?

thanks

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 7:29 pm
I make frosting with oil, boiling water and confectioners sugar. You can add vanilla extract or fod coloring. Sorry CA t give you measurements.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 7:39 pm
I am sure you can add food coloring. And yes, you can freeze the cake with icing on it.

The only thing to be aware of is that if you color some of the frosting very dark or intense, the color might bleed to lighter areas when defrosting. But if its just a medium depth color it should be fine!

And one other thing- about freezing the cake, just freeze it uncovered so everything hardens and then once frozen cover gently with plastic wrap or foil. When you defrost it, defrost uncovered so nothing gets smushed.

mazelandbracha

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 7:40 pm
Make a confectioner's sugar glaze - thin sugar with a little warm water at a time until it's a good consistency. If you want color, add food coloring to some of the water first.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 8:31 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
e

Also, can whipped cream be used between the two layer of the cake or is it too lightweight?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics