Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Does this not freak you all out?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 1:49 am
https://www.instagram.com/tv/C....._link

This is freaking me out! Why is this okay? I never wanted to believe any conspiracy theories, but they keep becoming reality!

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 1:50 am
It doesn’t freak me out. Its not being done to anyone secretly or against their will. It’s a choice!

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 1:52 am
It's a choice like "would you like a slap or a punch?"

amother
Black

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 1:54 am
Of course I'm freaked out. Every day this world finds new ways to freak me out with this stupid pandemic. I get to be terrified of a virus, terrified of a experimental vaccine that people will be bullied into taking even if the government doesn't officially mandate it, and terrified of all my freedoms being stripped away while the zombies quietly watch and obey. It's awesome!

#BestBubby

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 1:55 am
"Isreal institutes a tracking bracelet law to protect citizens from covid.

Isreal gives returning passengers a choice either go to a military hotel or be forced to wear an electronic tracking bracelet for there safety and for the safety of others. #covid #isreal #lockdown #bibi "

Government is using Covid as an excuse to turn us all into prisoners.

Yes, the "conspiracy theorists" were right.

Rappel

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 1:58 am
#BestBubby wrote:
"Isreal institutes a tracking bracelet law to protect citizens from covid.

Isreal gives returning passengers a choice either go to a military hotel or be forced to wear an electronic tracking bracelet for there safety and for the safety of others. #covid #isreal #lockdown #bibi "

Government is using Covid as an excuse to turn us all into prisoners.

Yes, the "conspiracy theorists" were right.

Israel finds a way to permit people to enter, without compromising the health of everyone whom it's already working to protect, after a year of discovering that asking nicely yields zero results. Also, after the supreme court hamstrung the security establishment by forbidding much less obstructive methods of contact tracing.

Bravo!

juggling

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 2:17 am
Seriously??? This freaks people out? If the people can't be trusted to quarantine when they arrive from abroad, the government needs to enforce it. I'm not sure why this is a problem for anyone. Or we can all go around spreading disease, but at least we have our freedom.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 2:21 am
Rappel wrote:
Israel finds a way to permit people to enter, without compromising the health of everyone whom it's already working to protect, after a year of discovering that asking nicely yields zero results. Also, after the supreme court hamstrung the security establishment by forbidding much less obstructive methods of contact tracing.

Bravo!

If they wanted to protect us they would give the patients hydroxy and meds that work and not shove it under the carpet. My uncle nearly died of covid and managed to get it these meds undercover and magically survived. They dont mean our health. Its crystal clear!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 2:24 am
juggling wrote:
Seriously??? This freaks people out? If the people can't be trusted to quarantine when they arrive from abroad, the government needs to enforce it. I'm not sure why this is a problem for anyone. Or we can all go around spreading disease, but at least we have our freedom.

Spreading disease? Why didnt they shut down airports in September, October, Nov, dec etc..
vaccine came out and boom shut the airport so we can enforce this prisoner policy.
Once again if you are vaccinated great for you, you can't catch the disease you think I'm carrying!

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 2:25 am
This shouldn't freak you out. This should make you happy.

Borders have been almost completely shut down, this will allow them to let Israelis in. This gives Israelis the choice whether to go to a quarantine hostel or stay home with their bracelets. Most prefer the bracelets.

Sadly, people cannot be trusted to keep quarantine (and it's not just Israelis. How many times on this forum have I seen people mentioning that they are going out even though officially they are in quarantine).

Do you have any better suggestions? I think it's quite brilliant. Or do you think we should allow total 'freedom' and people should be allowed to bring back international mutations, and still be free to walk around, go to the store, the mikva, their friend's wedding?

Rappel

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 2:26 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If they wanted to protect us they would give the patients hydroxy and meds that work and not shove it under the carpet. My uncle nearly died of covid and managed to get it these meds undercover and magically survived. They dont mean our health. Its crystal clear!

Maybe it's that way in the US. In Israel there are very successful drug therapies.

But all that is for naught if we bring in a new strain of Corona which sends us back to zero, when we have invested billions in being able to go back to normal.

Israel is on the brink of success. We don't need an alternate strain to change the rules of the game.

If the freedom-lovers will stop hampering these efforts, then we can achieve a state of protection which allows us to live truly free.

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 2:28 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Spreading disease? Why didnt they shut down airports in September, October, Nov, dec etc..
vaccine came out and boom shut the airport so we can enforce this prisoner policy.
Once again if you are vaccinated great for you, you can't catch the disease you think I'm carrying!

The vaccine may not work for all mutations. We don't want new mutations in this country.

And all our children are unvaccinated. We don't need travelers who don't quarantine putting them in danger.

juggling

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 2:37 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Can you explain what the vaccine has to do with the quarantine policy? Also, they have required quarantine for travelers all along, just they have not managed to enforce it effectively. You can definitely question why it took so long, and even raise the possibility of political motives for the timing, but the quarantine is nothing new - and I fail to see the connection to the vaccine.

As far as my being vaccinated:
1. We have established that no vaccine is 100% protective, and protection increases the more people are vaccinated. Exposing vaccinated people to sick people definitely does pose a risk.
2. I have kids too young to be vaccinated, and I care about them.
3. Even if I and everyone I know were fully 100% immune, I would still be concerned about the virus, and especially the new strains, spreading through the rest of the population. Because I don't care only about myself.
4. Even if you aren't at all concerned about the virus itself, one would think you want the country to go back to functioning. We'll never go back to consistent school, business, and leisure activities, if the numbers stay high.

I still have no idea what any of this has to do with the vaccine. Especially if you don't want to vaccinate, and presumably you aren't the only one, we need other methods of getting the numbers down. And in the case of travellers, we're especially trying to control variants coming into the country and spreading.

juggling

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 2:43 am
OP, since you brought up the vaccines, which has absolutely nothing to do with your OP, I'm wondering if your distrust of the vaccines and distrust of quarantine enforcement both stem from distrust of the establishment. Do you believe in Corona? Do you believe that it's a threat to public health and to the economy? If you do, then you'd presumably want either the vaccine campaign, or quarantines, or both, to be effectively implemented. If you don't, then we'll have to agree to disagree, since we obviously have very different worldviews.

amother
White

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 2:47 am
Rappel wrote:

Bravo!

Cool. I'm curious what measures are being taken at the US southern border to keep US citizens safe from covid.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 2:48 am
juggling wrote:
OP, since you brought up the vaccines, which has absolutely nothing to do with your OP, I'm wondering if your distrust of the vaccines and distrust of quarantine enforcement both stem from distrust of the establishment. Do you believe in Corona? Do you believe that it's a threat to public health and to the economy? If you do, then you'd presumably want either the vaccine campaign, or quarantines, or both, to be effectively implemented. If you don't, then we'll have to agree to disagree, since we obviously have very different worldviews.

I am all for quarantine, I thjnk a bracelet is pushing it. I quarantined this winter after traveling and they checked up on me if I was home, which is fair enough. To put bracelet on someones ankle is very off and prison style.
I am not anti the vaccine , just there isnt enough data for me to take it just yet.
Covid is real! But not as dangerous as the fear mongering media makes it out to be!

amother
White

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 2:50 am
juggling wrote:
Can you explain what the vaccine has to do with the quarantine policy? Also, they have required quarantine for travelers all along, just they have not managed to enforce it effectively. You can definitely question why it took so long, and even raise the possibility of political motives for the timing, but the quarantine is nothing new - and I fail to see the connection to the vaccine.

As far as my being vaccinated:
1. We have established that no vaccine is 100% protective, and protection increases the more people are vaccinated. Exposing vaccinated people to sick people definitely does pose a risk.
2. I have kids too young to be vaccinated, and I care about them.
3. Even if I and everyone I know were fully 100% immune, I would still be concerned about the virus, and especially the new strains, spreading through the rest of the population. Because I don't care only about myself.
4. Even if you aren't at all concerned about the virus itself, one would think you want the country to go back to functioning. We'll never go back to consistent school, business, and leisure activities, if the numbers stay high.

I still have no idea what any of this has to do with the vaccine. Especially if you don't want to vaccinate, and presumably you aren't the only one, we need other methods of getting the numbers down. And in the case of travellers, we're especially trying to control variants coming into the country and spreading.

The risk to children is incredibly small. Check the data yourself. This virus targets adults.

juggling

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 3:01 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Covid is real! But not as dangerous as the fear mongering media makes it out to be!

I don't think it's as much the media, as the government and the health care system. Actually governments all around the world. Because even though the risk to each individual is relatively low, it's highly contagious. So many people get sick at once. And the small percentage that has complications, becomes a large number of patients. The reason we quarantine is to prevent being one more vector in the spread of the disease.

DrMom

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 3:02 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am all for quarantine, I thjnk a bracelet is pushing it. I quarantined this winter after traveling and they checked up on me if I was home, which is fair enough. To put bracelet on someones ankle is very off and prison style.
I am not anti the vaccine , just there isnt enough data for me to take it just yet.

Unfortunately, many travelers do not quarantine properly, or at all. It is getting difficult to enforce, and this is a scalable way to do it.

juggling

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 3:03 am
amother [ White ] wrote:
The risk to children is incredibly small. Check the data yourself. This virus targets adults.

You're right. So far. That can change with new variants, though. My hope is that once this becomes a disease primarily affecting children, we may be able to drop some of these precautions. But at this point we still don't know. So I'd prefer to be cautious.
Page 1 of 9   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics