Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Feeding schedule and ideas of meals

abound

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 1:31 pm
Hi!
I need to feed my one year old better. I have no idea which foods to feed him and when. He needs proteins, carbs and veggies. As a first time mother I feel lost.

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 1:33 pm
He can eat what you eat. What do you typically eat for b\l|d?

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 1:39 pm
Yes to the above. It's best for children to eat whatever the adults are eating. You can modify by keeping ingredients separate, or toning down the spices, but it's not a good idea for little ones to always eat "kiddie meals."

A toddler can have chicken (cut into cubes), vegetables and rice. Or cheese, eggs, cut fruit, bread, etc.

abound

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 5:28 am
Thanks, it is not working. He does not like scrambled eggs. He does not eat chicken, or baked potatoes. We have a lot of salads and vegetables. He is not eating it. Any other ideas?

lucky14

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 10:33 pm
What does he like to eat? As for feeding schedule my one year old has breakfast, a mid-morning snack, lunch, another snack in the afternoon and dinner. Milk is served with breakfast and one or both of her snacks.

stillnewlywed

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 12:10 am
This is my 1 year olds schedule and meal ideas:

Breakfast 7 am
Waffles, scrambled eggs, pancakes, bananas, applesauce, toast, avacado, cut up fruit, hard boiled egg, muffin, yogurt, bagel with butter...

Snack 10 am
Small snack of sliced apples, bamba, rice cake, string cheese etc..

Lunch 1130 am
Sandwich with creamcheese, butter, avacado etc, grilled cheese, pasta, pizza bagel, sweet potato, baked potato, tuna patties, cucumber slices, fruit...

Nap 12-2

Snack mid afternoon
Fruit, crackers, cheese, rice cakes, cookies, yogurt etc

Supper 6 pm
Whatever we are eating
Shnitzel, chicken on the bone, lasagna, meatballs, soup, rice, falafel, pizza, salmon, beans, potatoes etc

I dont give him salad but try to incorporate a veggie with most meals like canned corn, corn on the cob, canned peas, cherry tomatoes, sliced avacado, cooked carrots etc

tichellady

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 12:11 am
Read up on ellyn sater and the division or responsibility. Keep on offering normal food to your toddler but try to figure out what he does like. Mine likes pancakes, oatmeal, cheese, fruit, peas, tofu, yogurt, pasta, some soups, but is willing to try new things and every once in a while likes something new. Many toddlers like smoothies

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 12:11 am
Leftover chicken soup , chunky vegetable soup , microwaved sweet potato, oatmeal, yogurt , cottage cheese , whole grain rice cakes with peanut butter , mini sandwiches , noodles, gefilta fish, salmon, meatballs
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics