Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Texas
1  2  3  4  Next

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 4:56 am
What do people think about Texas cancelling the mask mandate and business restrictions?

fleetwood

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 6:17 am
It's absolutely ridiculous!

SuperWify

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 6:28 am
Good for them. I hope other states follow suit.

simcha2

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 7:18 am
Guess we've become immune to death. More than 40 died in Texas in the snow storm because they didn't have infrastructure.

And it hardly made the news.

So, what are a few more extra deaths that could have been avoided? Banging head

elsily

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 7:23 am
It’s terrible because it will fuel the spread, which means more mutations, which means vaccine may be less effective. Then we’re back to square one.

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 7:37 am
elsily wrote:
It’s terrible because it will fuel the spread, which means more mutations, which means vaccine may be less effective. Then we’re back to square one.

If the vaccine cannot work with people moving about living, then its not much of a vaccine, is it?

elsily

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 7:48 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
If the vaccine cannot work with people moving about living, then its not much of a vaccine, is it?

You have to take into consideration the level of infectiousness, how quickly its mutating, current infections in the area, whether they’re asymptomatic or symptomatic, and if they’re quarantined or not. There are many factors that go into the effectiveness of the vaccine on ending this pandemic. It’s not as simple as “it’s not a good vaccine if we can’t live our lives like normal immediately.”

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 7:52 am
Guess we’ll have to wait and see what happens. Could be catastrophic or not bad at all.

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 7:53 am
The reason we have all these mutations in the first place is because we slowed the spread too much for too long.

small bean

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 7:55 am
Mississippi is following texas lead. Different counties in NY will return to normal now that Cuomo is being stripped of emergency powers.

I think it's a good start but a little too late.

bbhem5

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 7:57 am
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
The reason we have all these mutations in the first place is because we slowed the spread too much for too long.

Huh? Please explain your reasoning here.

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 8:24 am
small bean wrote:
Mississippi is following texas lead. Different counties in NY will return to normal now that Cuomo is being stripped of emergency powers.

Except in NY, you will now have to flash your Covid Vaccine Passport to get into some places. So I guess its no longer racist or discriminatory to force people to have ID and we can have voter ID for voting as well. https://nypost.com/2021/03/02/.....80127

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 8:25 am
fleetwood wrote:

Agree

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 8:29 am
small bean wrote:

I am so happy that Cuomo is being stripped of his emergency powers. I hope he continues to suffer the humiliation that he so deserves. He literally single handedly managed to fuel the fires of antisemitism in this state. He deserves every bit of what’s coming to him, the incompetent fool.

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 8:36 am
I don't really understand what the big deal is. All this does it give power back to the businesses and local governments. Why is that bad?
Walmart and Target for example will still require you to wear a mask, and small local businesses will do what they want. Schools are keeping their current safety measures, medical offices will take extra precautions... I don't really think much is going to change.

keym

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 8:37 am
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
I don't really understand what the big deal is. All this does it give power back to the businesses and local governments. Why is that bad?
Walmart and Target for example will still require you to wear a mask, and small local businesses will do what they want. Schools are keeping their current safety measures, medical offices will take extra precautions... I don't really think much is going to change.

Gathering size?

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 8:48 am
I think returning business to normal capacity is good. The devastation covid has had on the economy and in turn on families is very sad.

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 8:50 am
bbhem5 wrote:
Huh? Please explain your reasoning here.

If we had all gotten it within the span of a few months, we would have reached herd immunity before the mutations began.

Alot more people would have died but it would have been over alot quicker. We are now looking at years of mask wearing schools and businesses closed and vaccines every 6 months.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 8:51 am
fleetwood wrote:

But why? Weren't our communities the guinea pigs in the reopening experiment? We claim there was no repercussions, so why shouldn't others follow suit?

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 8:54 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
I am so happy that Cuomo is being stripped of his emergency powers. I hope he continues to suffer the humiliation that he so deserves. He literally single handedly managed to fuel the fires of antisemitism in this state. He deserves every bit of what’s coming to him, the incompetent fool.

Except, its a joke. He is being "stripped" of his emergency powers now that we already have vaccines and the pandemic is starting to end so there is no need for him to have emergency powers anymore. And he gets to still tweak the executive orders that he does have so he can still put predominately Jewish neighborhoods in lockdown, etc. And he is only being "investigated" which we know will go nowhere as the investigation is by democrats instead of bipartisan. If democrats were serious about penalizing him then they would impeach him but they arent doing that and republicans are too weak to take control so Cuomo gets away with everything and will probably be reelected to another term because there isnt really any strong contenders for governor (def not from republicans who could have taken control but didnt). NY is a joke with no real leadership from competent people which is just sad.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics