Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
I'd like to start a mitzvah train for Star Havah's mother

Crayon210

Post Thu, Feb 07 2008, 4:26 pm
I'd like to use this thread for people to post a hachlata/good resolution that they're taking on for Star Havah's mother, Perel bas Chaya Gittel. I think this will be mechazek others to make a hachlata tova, and will give Star Havah and her family chizuk at this difficult time.

I'll start.

I'm going to BN give an extra coin to tzedaka when I light candles on Friday.

I'm going to BN try to be misgaber at least once a day and "bite my tongue" from using words improperly (getting angry, talking lashon hara, etc.)

May the reason for this thread (and all similar threads) be obsolete NOW with the complete revelation of Moshiach!

Who's next?

Tehilla

Post Thu, Feb 07 2008, 4:33 pm
I'll step up. thanks crayon, and amein to all your tefilos and brachas.

I will add this name in on my davening list for Shabbos, bli neder.

I will work on making peace between yidden, and not saying unkind words, bli neder.

baseballmom

Post Thu, Feb 07 2008, 4:35 pm
What a wonderful idea...

I too will add her name to my tefillos and will work on smiling more and greeting others besimcha as a zechus for a refuah shleima for Perel bas Chaya gittel

gryp

Post Thu, Feb 07 2008, 4:44 pm
Nice idea!

I will give an extra coin to tzedaka each day IY"H for Perel bas Chaya Gittel, and daven for her by licht bentchen.

Refuah Shleima B'karov!

Starhavah

Post Fri, Feb 08 2008, 12:38 am
Oh Crayon, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You

What a wonderful post. You made my day!!!

I also will take on trying harder to bite my tongue, BN. I believe the Chofetz Chaim refer to it as the evil organ, and I need a lot of help on this score.

I am taking on saying t'hillim which I have never done before this weeks (and I am finding a real challenge to find the time to do). I walk to work so saying it on the bus, etc is out.

And I will give extra tzedaka either in the puske or to people on the streets.

Will all of the extra prayers and mitzvot of the IMA Mothers HaShem is going to have to send Moshiah soon. Bimhera B'Yamainu.

Star Havah

mummy-bh

Post Fri, Feb 08 2008, 5:42 am
Just signed in to write this -

Taking challa this morning, will daven for your mother IY"H. May she have a quick and complete recovery.

mimivan

Post Fri, Feb 08 2008, 6:03 am
iy'h I'll start getting my little ones in the habit of giving tzedaka and tell my son that he is giving tzedaka so she may have a refuah shleima. (I should also add bli neder and that I will make the hachlata until Purim when Iy'h it can be renewed if needed)

Last edited by mimivan on Fri, Feb 08 2008, 6:51 am; edited 1 time in total

ffbmom

Post Fri, Feb 08 2008, 6:26 am
I will also be davening for her mother. Also, I'd like to try and teach the children (I teach in a nonfrum school) one mitzvah a day in her zechus, preferably bein adam lechavero. If anyone has any ideas on mitzvos that 9 year olds can perform I'd love to hear it.

Starhavah

Post Fri, Feb 08 2008, 10:00 am
ffbmom wrote:
I will also be davening for her mother. Also, I'd like to try and teach the children (I teach in a nonfrum school) one mitzvah a day in her zechus, preferably bein adam lechavero. If anyone has any ideas on mitzvos that 9 year olds can perform I'd love to hear it.

I have always found that teaching children to make friends with and be nice to children that they are not normally friends with is always a worthwhile mitzvah (and something that crosses cultural boundries), also honoring your mother and father.

Thank you to all of the Ima Mothers out there who are doing mitzvahs for my mother's refuah shelima and keeping my mother in their prayers.

Star Havah

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Sat, Feb 09 2008, 7:13 pm
I was thinking I really should get into the habit of saying brochos out loud so that people can answer amein.

I'll try and make a stronger effort for the sake of starhavah's mother.
May the ameins I recieve go towards her having a refuah shelaima!!!

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Feb 09 2008, 7:32 pm
I want to participate but I don't know what to do.

how about - I won't wear pj pants this week?

amother

Post Sat, Feb 09 2008, 7:35 pm
chocolate moose wrote:

Question

Tefila

Post Sat, Feb 09 2008, 10:58 pm
IY"H I will bentch birchas hamozon outloud whenever possible Exclamation

Starhavah

Post Tue, Feb 12 2008, 5:00 pm
UPDATE: We had a public reading of tehillim last night for my Mom. Thank you to all of the women who came (or read tehillim at home for her). I am trying to stay positive.

Star Havah

Starhavah

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 8:22 pm
UPDATE: Since we have had the Tehillim night and people have been davening for her my mother's memory is returning!! Thank you soooooooo much for all you women are doing for her. She finished radiation to her brain shortly before last Shabbos. Please God she will get a clean bill of health soon.

Star Havah

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 8:27 pm
chocolate moose wrote:

BH. It was hard for me but, as I promised, I did not put on pj pants that whole week !!!

Starhavah

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 9:12 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
chocolate moose wrote:

BH. It was hard for me but, as I promised, I did not put on pj pants that whole week !!!

Well clearly that was it CM. HaShem said if CM can go without pajama pants then surely I give Havah's mother her memory back. Wink

Star Havah
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed